will epidural of injections of steroids cause white blood count to elevate & sweat alot

Hey Sue, well this is a tough one because one can not be certain if steroids cause elevated blood cells count. Why have you had to take injections for? It might be potentially dangerous for many reasons because high white blood cells count indicates on many diseases, infection being one of them. That is why you should go immediately to see someone about your issue, in order to prevent an infection if there is any. Also, it could be an allergy or something much more serious. Take my advice, go and check it out, that's the best thing for you to do.

can Steroids Medication ( Injection ) cause your teeth to go bad

I had epidural injections over a year long period and my white count was crazy. They sent me for bone marrow tests thinking I had leukemia or lymphoma. After two months at a cancer treatment clinic having tests run, they determined that I may have a rare blood disease that is a form of leukemia, but not malignant. I have researched since then and found that I cannot find any form of leukemia that is not malignant. I believe that the steroid injections I had every couple of months were causing the increased white count. It was an increase in white cells and platelets. A pretty major increase, the white count was 42 on the check when my doctor freaked out. It took it four months after my last steroid injection before it became normal again, and at the time I didn't put the two together and neither did my doctors, primary or oncologist, but I believe this is what it was.

do epidural injections raise your WBC count

Would love to know the outcome my wife is having this same issue and we just had two blocks and wbc and platelet count high. Cancer dr thinks it the steroids but wants a marrow test ran to verify. Called it put up or shut up test.

in short yes they can!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use