I am a 44 yr white male, have smoked since late teens and have a constant high white bloode cell count that bounces up and down and back up again between ( 11k to 30k ). My other symptoms are headaches, fatigue, and daily light headedness. I have been to a hemotologyst/oncologist which took a bone marrow biopsy with negative results, also many blood test with that same high white blood cell count from 11k to 30k, no diagnosis just take more blood test. Also seeing a infectious specialist who put me on a daily IV PIC for 3 months resephin and vibative (not sure the spelling there. Blood was tested weekly while on the IV PIC and still bounced up and down, not ever getting lower then 11k, also did a stomach CT with nothing negative found. Also seen pulmonary specialist with a chest CT that resulted in 3 non calcified nodules about 3 to 4 cm I believe, told they were too small too scrape and biopsy. Second CT showed no change, white count still high. Also seen a neurologist for the head aches, did 2 brain CTs that showed nothing negative, and a neck CT that showed some issues that made him believe that was the cause of the headaches, but surgery was not needed, he prescribed 200mg Celebrex and some muscle relaxers. I have had so many blood test, cultures, CT scans with still no diagnoses, everything except a Colinosposy. Not sure why there still is no diagnoses or if I need to be worried and where to go from here. Any real help or experience with the same issues out there. Please help......

Hey Challedan. This is an unprecedented case because you have done so much tests and most of them turned out to be okay. Is it possible that your issue is related to something else than a high white blood cells count? It could be something else. Also, if you're constantly feeling sick and tired, you should go and see a specialist because cells count can indicate on many diseases, in this case, leukemia being one of them. And we all know that it might be real bad. Are you exercising too much? It's possible to happen because of over exaggerating too. 

I was applying for Metropolitan Life Insurance and the physical resulted in a high white blood count.....well, for starters I was okay to get their insurance...even with a white blood count at HIGH.....but I never checked anything out...I felt good... and today 20 years later or more I am still okay (great).  I don't believe in Doctors or medicine....natural healing with everything.  I believe Doctors are rip offs.....  and PHARM  AND FDA are SCAMS!  i WAS IN MY 30'S WHEN THIS WAS TOLD TO ME AND NOW i AM 62 so there ya go.  Just sayin  ~  I feel FINE and thank God never get sick......so what the hell?  Right    I believe Doctors make people sick and un healthy.  God Bless and hope you stay FINE TOO. 

Wondering if when they tested your blood . . . did they do any cardiac testing? Infections like endocarditis (sp?) can result in a high white blood cell count. So can diverticulitis (which the colonoscopy would help rule out) . . . the diverticulitis could get better/worse over time and respond off and on to antibiotics, so that could maybe explain some of the bouncing around. Just a few thoughts.