Hi, my results showed that I have high white blood cell count. A doctor told me that I need to do few more tests to locate the infection. Does anyone know what could it be?

Hi, I had the high white blood cell count last month. A doctor suspected on infection, but he couldn’t find it. All the other results were fine, and there was nothing else that would indicate on any kind of infection. Normal count varies between 4.500 and 10 000 cells per microliter. I had 10.500, which was odd because I was otherwise healthy. Finally, after many questions about drugs I’m using and the way I’m living, he realized that I’m one of those cases where huge emotional stress has caused the high white blood cell count. He told me to avoid any stressful situation, and to sleep more. I quit my extra job, because it was mainly the source of my worries. After two weeks, I did a test again, and the results were much better – 8 000 cells per microliter. So, if you don’t find the cause right away, don’t give up. There must be something that is causing the high white blood cell count.