I have had many syptoms within the past few months and it just seems to be getting worse and worse. Most of the time it is pain in my chest which leads me to the ER 3 times already. They have performed all kinds of tests and monitored my heart and nothing has shown up on any tests. Everything always comes back normal. The only test result that came back abnormal so far was a high white blood cell count last Friday. I have an appointment with my family doctor this week, but I am not sure even what to ask or what else to test for now. The doctors at the ER who found the high white blood cell said this could mean some type of an infection - but do I just start testing for every infection or where do I start?

My other symptoms that I have regularily include chest pain and pressure, not feeling like I am getting enough air, pressure in my head, and this pressure/ pain and tightness in my jaw. My pulse has become much weaker than it ever has been in my life and I have also just recently been getting horrible headaches. The symptoms are worse at night and almost always keep me from sleeping. I have random shooting pains everywherer and achiness in my knees, arm, and legs. When ever these symptoms occur I also have nausea all the time, feel like I'm burning up and sweating. At times my skin turns red and blotchy and my heart starts racing. I do think that maybe these chest pains and other symptoms might lead to a panic attack at night but that still does not explain the first symptoms. I am running out of options and don't know where to go from here. I am tired of feeling like I am dying every day and not knowing what is wrong! Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi there, please stop going to the ER! You definitely need to see a doctor about your problem because all they do in the ER is stabilize you. I don't know what the infection is but your doctor should be able to figure out pretty quickly. It's not up to you to ask for the test, because that's what the doctor's job is. Can you tell me how it went for you? I'd like to hear! Thanks :-)

I went to the doctor and they said I was just fine, they alwasy say that. They have ran so many tests and nothing is coming up abnormally except the white blood count and they have stopped trying basically.

i am going through the same thing. try to be checked for a geneticly linked disease called hemochromatosis. it can be passed on especially to guys and can skip generations. they do specific geneticly linked testing for this. it might help. thats my next option.