This post is an extension of the
cell infection high white blood cell count thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

good Morning to all

I also have a high WBC 11.8 My RBC was high and my HGB and Hct also high, My Dr sent me to a Hematologist and he ran a battery of tests including a bone marrow biopsy and aspiration. Luckily that came back negative for leukemia. but he said I have secondary polycythemia. i have now had 3 phlebotomy, (blood letting) and my red cell is at normal and the others are lowering. i go back in 2 weeks to see where i am at.
I am also very intolerant to certain types of chemicals( I can go into anaphalitic shock) and am a smoker. And i know that smoking does not help but it also is not the only thing that can cause it. I am beginning to feel better,a little less tired and less numbness and tingling in my feet. hope this can help some one out there.

hi, i also have a high wbc. it started off with a sore throat so i went to the docs and she prescribed doxycycline. a couple of days into the course i started to get very fever-ish and my glands in my neck became very swolen, also my muscles and joints aching - i was in so much pain, so i went back to my doctors and she took bloods thinking i had glandular fever. as it turns out it isnt glandular fever, but the blood test revealed a very hig WBC. any ideas what it may be? i feel like c**p all of the time , very lathargic, and painkillers are not having much relief on my aching muscles. %-)

My white came back at 12.8 so they immediately ordered another count. I understand that that one is elevated also. My issue is that I FEEL FINE. No infection, no undue pain. I have the weekly headache and fatigue, which I believe is caused by summer sun headaches since I wear glasses. I've put on a few pounds since my daughter was born (7 yrs ago) but otherwise there is nothing else I can put my finger on.

I'm not going to get too worried. Unless I feel like c**p then I don't foresee a problem right now.

I was down with fever (39 deg) 2 weeks agoand was told that I m having bacteria infection due to my high WBC then was 18k, I was given a week of antibiotic.. My fever managed to subside in 4 days and I was fine till 2 days back.. I was experiencing the same symptoms (sore throat, body aching and fever).. The blood test result turned out to be normal except for wbc > 23k, which worried the Doctor who then ordered me to get admitted in hospital for more tests to find out the actual cause..

I went to the doctors for lower left abdominal pain and pain in my left ovary during intercourse, they found a small cyst but they said it wasnt the problem. I had two differnt ultrasounds, four differnt urine samples and a blood test which showed a high white blood cell count 12.5. THey think it might be a hot appendix, or another infection. i also have constant yeast infections. My doctor prescribed doxycycline just incase there is an infection it would start killing it. ive taken it for one day now and i have to go back to the doctors in two days for a follow up. i will also then be getting chlamydia and endometriosis tests back. I have lost wieght due to loss of appetite and i occasionally feel nauseas, as well as getting tired really easily and i also have a mild fever. My doctor told me if i dont eat, become MORE constipated, start to vomit or have an increas in fever i have to go to the ER. I didnt think it was anything serious but it sounds like it is. And reading other posts like mine make me wonder! i must find out what this is!!

I'm 39 years old, I've been really sick for three years. I've had many surgeries and I have fybromyalgia. My white blood cell count has been elevate consistently for three years now and I have thrush all the time ( that's an overproduction of yeast in my mouth ). I also tested positive just recently for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and have an appointment with Infectious dieseases and an appointment with a hematologist. Maybe after three years they can figure out what's wrong! Btw, infectious diseases called to tell me me test results for RMSF were more than likely a false positive but they will test me anyway at the of May this year! Between the fibro and the thrush quality of life is poor! I truly hope they figure this out soon because I'm losing hope fast!

I too had anaphaltic shock just by taking an aleeve. My blood pressure went to 60/40 & my heart rate was in the 160s i was literally knocking on heaven's gates it put me in the ICU. The hospital said that its pretty common with people now a days with aleeve...

hi i had the same symptoms as you did they just told me i had this kind of infection i can't remember the name of it...but did you find out what yours was?

You should all be tested for Lyme disease.

Hi all,
Im 33 yrs old and since january i have been treated for more than 8 water infections. In july i had the symptoms again but the doctor looked closer at my previous urine results to find i have never had an infection!! I have been referred to urology next month but the pains in my lower back, abdomen and legs are getting worse. I cannot have intercourse as this is also painful I have had a pelvic ultrasound which is clear and my last bloods showed a white blood cell count of 12.5 but they cannot tell me why. Im becoming more and more worried. Can any help??

These are my EXACT symptoms !!!! Please let me know what it ended up being?

Are you still out there a year later? I have a similar problem. My extensive bloodwork indicate I am sick, and yes the tests have been repeated. But I feel fine. Big things like malignancies have been ruled out. But I feel like I'm waiting for a shoe to drop.

I don't understand my blood count is it good or bad its 12.8

What did you have? I have the same thing