I was hit in the head with a stereo speaker last week. The swelling went away the 2nd day. I had a CT scan on the second day and the results showed an 8mm are of decreased attenuation in the centrum semiovale which may include ischemia. The family doc said don't worry will go away in a few days. Here we are 1 week and 3 days. The area today has a raised red area, kind of like a "scar tissue" are from an incision. The paid feels like someone is sticking me in the head with a knife. I am feeling some vertigo, dizziness. Should I be worried?

I would go visit your doctor or go to the ER right away!

Hallo,
The injury to the head can be very sever. Now the fact that you were hit by the stereo speaker means that you suffered a great shock. I think that there is even a chance that you might have had a mild concussion. The dizziness is usually a sign of concussion and the fact that it least for a whole week means that you really need to get to the hospital as soon as you can. Are you using any pain killers for the pain right now? You will need a lot of rest in next several days. I hope that this helped in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen