basically i'm 14 year old girl, i was at school today and in PE when this girl ran into me and i fell backward smashing my head on the floor.. i don't
really remember much but i just remember the room spinning and the teacher sent me to nurse where she said she couldn't see any serious
damage or anything it was probably just shock,

all day i have had a really bad headache, slight dizziness, severe tiredness and a slight feeling of nausea which is getting much worse now :-(

i told my dad but he just said oh you'll be fine

i am beginning to get worried although the nurse repeatedly throughout the day said there was nothing o worry about, has anyone any ideas how i can stop feeling so bad?

the school nurse said painkillers will not get rid of the headache as it is a head injury so i really don't know what to do %-)

I think you should have been seen by a doctor or taken to an ER. Can you just keep bugging them until they do that for you? I don't know who else you could go to that you have not already tried. If you go the ER by yourself they won't do anything for you without calling your father or mother to get permission.

i have tld them a few times that it isnt getting any better but they just keep saying we will see how you get on.. i must have heard that a million times today!! its really annoying me %-)

It's called a concussion. The school nurse should know better.

You do need to be seen by a doctor. Bad headache, dizziness, nausea and the tiredness are all strong signs of a concussion, along with the not remembering which means possible loss of consciousness. You need to be evaluated.

How are your eyes, your pupils. They should both look the same size and respond to light in the same way.

Tell your parents that you are not overreacting. This can be serious.

Do not take painkillers until the doctor clears you.

Post back, let us know how you are doing.

I'm not feeling any better today but Im still being sent to school!
My parents don't believe it is really that bad as the nurse said I was fine %-)

I'm sorry plz. You do have the symptoms of a concussion and they do take time to get better.

It is unfortunate the school nurse does not recognize this. You were basically tackled, like in football, except you hit your head on a hard floor and weren't wearing a helmet.

Keep us posted if anything changes.

Hi honey! As you asked me for my 2 cents, i agree with both Medic-dan and njoynlife! Do you have a bump on your head - where the head hit the floor? IF you do this is a good thing! IF you don't it's a bad thing! When there has been a serious knock to the head, there should be a bump - to say the swelling is justified, if there is no swelling - when really there should be - this can mean that the swelling is encased in your skull - which causes pressure on the brain!

i know about your history! And the way I see it! Your parents don't really think ANYTHING is a big deal! How is your vision? IF everything is the same tommorrow, go to a hospital or a doctors! I know you don't want to worry your parents etc. But this is insane with ALL that has been going on with you, you need some help! And there is no point on coming on here for advice IF you aren't getting any help! We can't shake your parents and wake them up, so if you go to a hospital, and the doctors see you then they will make a determination of what's going on and call your parents! And IF you do have a concussion, then your parents and the nurse can be asked "Why" they didn't get you any help!

There isn't a bump but the nurse said that was good?
It's not to bad today :-) just a small headache sometimes but it comes and goes,
I told my mum and she said I'll be fine (as per usual) so I went back to the nurse but she said it really doesn't look like anything to worry about so should I still go to the doctors?

Hi Plz,

You've gotten by the most dangerous time with a concussion and I'm sure that is what you had and still have. They can take quite a while to recover from, weeks or more. Usually the first 24 hours or so are the most dangerous.

Bump or not, after a hard fall with bad headaches, dizziness, feeling tired and nausea, it should be checked.

You will probably be fine but may get some bouts of headaches.

If anything changes, let us know.

Good luck, Dan

Ditto what Dan said honey! And the nurse is TOTALLY wrong about no bump being OK! It is ALL depending on how hard you hit your head and wear! There are some parts of your skull that are harder than others and might not show a bump! BUT other parts are definitely vulnerable to show a bump! And should IF you hit it hard enough! BUT since you are feeling better - I agree with Medic dan- that this is a good thing! Just be careful not to bang it again!

Thanks guys,

It was at the back pretty much central..

The problem I've got now is, when I get up in the morning I normally feel fine with just a small headache so I go to school and stuff but throughout the first few lessons I begin to get a headache 'quiet a bad one' and felling sick, it isn't as bad as it was the past few days, have I anything to worry about or what?

I'm totally confused as to what to do because my parents arent helping and I honestly don't remember anything anymore! I've just reread my first post and some of the stuff on that I couldn't remember %-) I'm scared!! :-(

Thats the thing with a concussion. You really should be taking it easy.

Since no one is helping you there isn't much you can do. Just try to take it easy. It will get better but it may take some time.

Keep bugging your parents and say "concussion." Tell your parents or the nurse to "google it."