My cousin had a car accident two weeks ago and then he got a skull fracture. He was in hospital for few days and now he is much better. He hopes that he will be totally fine very soon. Does anybody know how long it takes a skull fracture to heal?

Well, you never know with this kind of injuries. It’s depended of many things, of course. But if he was at hospital and there he had all care that he was needed, he may hope that everything will be ok. It may need many weeks, even moths to totally recover.

Hallo,
It is unfortunate to hear about you cousin’s injury. I know that skull fractures can get complicated a lot, because of so many things that can get injured. So it is little hard to say how long does the skull fracture need to heal. You have to understand that it is good thing that he is in hospital because they will monitor his condition constantly and there will be less chances of something going wrong in his head. You know that there can be internal bleeding which is very dangerous when it comes to head injuries. I hope this helped you in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen

Hallo,
You have to understand that there are several types of skull fractures and that every needs a different time to heal. If you could tell me more about his fracture and his current condition maybe I will be able to give you more details about healing of the skull fracture. I know that skull fractures are very dangerous and some can heal in week or two, but others take several weeks to heal. The important thing is that he was checked by the doctor and that he is receiving appropriate treatment for his condition. I hope that he will get better soon and that this was helpful in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen

I have skull fractures because of an a-hole (ex-) friend of mine who hit me. That was almost 2 years ago and still no sign of healing.

In fact it is possible it has gotten only worse when I have hit my head in this weakened state to things that would normally be just minor impacts. I have pains in areas far beyond the regions I was hit. I have also have scar tissue at several points around my head. I think it's because these points really hurt and I can't help pushing fingers on them, though I have no scar around the above-corner my eye and I instictively press it a thousand times a day because of the pain. I don't know. I should probably go see a doctor and get my head examined.

I hear cracking sounds inside my head when I walk stairs.

Go to the doctor please!!!

You broke your SKULL and haven't bothered to go to the doctor for two entire years?? Are you completely insane???

Dr can't do sh*t for this it's been 9 months for me & no medical relief... incompetence of western med.

My skull broke at the back of my head I dont know how long would it take to heal could I be able to play sports again I wanna play football but also I cracked my skull open 2 yrs ago could I be fine ?

I have hit my head towards the wall due to misbalance and have a fracture on my left occipital part of the skull. I have got all my testing done and all is normal. The CT and MRI shows a minor skull fracture.
I wanted to know is smoking and consumption of alcohol safe if done occasionally? Would be travelling for a holiday next week so wanted to know.
Thank-you in advance.