I am having these pulsating dizzy spells in my head. They only last a few seconds at a time. It is not painful but I am feeling like I am about to lose it when this happens. I have been seeing a endocrinologist for my thyroid (it is normal right now). I am getting very concerned about this pulsating feeling because it is coming around more and more often. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have these too, it feels like electric shooting through your neck, jaw and skull. It seems to last longer with me though, sometimes this will happen all day and sometimes this will happen for hours, minutes or seconds and go away. I have noticed mine happen whenever I move any facial or head muscles.

I too was told at one point that I have a thyroid problem. I also have another perplexing problem too, it seems that I am eating just as much as normal and am not evacuating anywhere near as much as I used to. I have a feeling of emptiness in my lower abdomen.

Jof2,
I am experiencing similar symptoms -- acute dizziness that lasts for a few seconds, then it's gone. This happens several times a day -- and seems to occur at no particular time (or with any particular movement). If anyone has advice on this situation, please let us know. THANKS!

I also have dizziness that comes around every few minutes and seems to pulsate in my head, more on the left side, like it is related to my eye. The same thing happened just over a year ago and I went to an ear, nose and throat doc (had ENG test), neurologist (MRI) and an opthamologist. They came back with nothing. The Neurologist prescribed Verapimil and it did nothing. I did a 3 week food cleanse (basically ate vegan for a week, then raw/vegan, then juiced raw/vegan), and it was just about gone and got even better in the weeks after that.
However it is back and driving me crazy. I don't know what to do but feel like going to the ER to get more tests although I do feel it is related to poor diet and lack of exercise in the last month.

I have the same feeling of dizziness, I would more call is constant lightheadedness or the electric sesation in my head when i walk and move my head for about a year. doctors have not be helpfull. i don't know if its from my ears, nerve related, blood related? i'm really upset now and dont know what to do. my life is going down. this lightheadedness feeling is with me everyday. I feel it's related to my right ear. Pls help me if u can. thanks

I just thought I would share what information I have to a possible cause to this mysterious kind of feeling or dizziness. I too am having for lack of a better term waves of 'lightheadedness' and headaches. Out of the blue I feel dizzy inside my head, and often feel pressure in the back of my eyes and feel almost like I'm going to pass out or 'lose it'. Nothing is spinning around me, it's not a vertigo. I'm in the process of having some test done to rule out tumors or cancer or blockage of the arteries in the neck, but another area they are looking into is 'Cervicogenic Dizziniess.' This comes from your neck. Your eyes, inner ear and upper neck give information to your brain about the position of your head. If anyone of are not working right, then they disagree and are in conflict and your brain is confused and it causes dizziness. So if your inner ear, eyes or neck have a problem then it is giving different information to your brain and it's confused.

I'm still not certain of my own cause but this is another avenue to explore. Dizziness can be scary, at least it is for me and I'm beginning to panic over the episodes, but hopefully this information will be helpful to someone.

DianeB

For the last 3 weeks i've had the same sort of deal... It's ruining my life, i'm pretty much useless right now. I had to quit my job because i just couldn't go.
I've been to my doctor about 6 times and she's come back with nothing.. I've done 5 blood tests for thyroid and diabetes and few other things, i've had my heart checked out, blood pressure...I went to the ER on friday morning (it's sunday now) and the doctor said "These symptoms are unfamiliar to me" and told me i need to talk to my doctor about the anti-depressants i'm on.. Which have never caused me problems and i know for a fact are unrelated to this.

Oh and i also got checked out by a chiropractor and though my neck was out, it made no difference.

I want so badly to get to the bottom of this.. I've been breaking down crying recently beceause i just can't stand it. The doctors are useless..

Has anyone got to the bottom of their symptoms. I've been having a pulsating feeling in the back of my eye and the back of my head for a month now. And my family doctor is stump. He's recommending that I get a CT scan of my brain. When my symptoms first started it was more like dizziness or lightheadedness. I think i have exactly what DianaB described. Please help.

I am severly ADHD and am prescribed dexedrine to help me focus. 5 years ago i found myself working long stretches of time and staying up for days. When i would finally get to go to sleep, I began suffering similar symptoms that i would also describe as a quick "whoosh" through the back of my neck and up my head, or behind my eyes. They would come in rapid successions of anywhere from 3 to 6 or 7 pulses. After a while the pulsing went away.
I recently took Ecstasty with my girlfriend and we both suffered from the "Whooshes" on the day after taking it. I have found that they associate with sudden movement of my neck and eyes but not exclusively, as they happen when i'm completely still.
i've also found that concentrating on them allows me to fight them off occassionally.
(WHOOSH WHOOSH)
just had one.

anyhoo-

I assumed that the return had to do with Amphetamines sometimes being found in Ecstasy, but this could also be a coincidence between my girlfriend and i, and due to sustained awakedness.

my girlfriends had gone away for a while and strangely returned last night after taking ambien. i cant definitely agree with her diagosis, as ive found that they can occur three to four days after a prolonged period of awakedness and/or taking amphetamines.

does anyone find the pulses/whooshes, feel almost enjoyabe, on occassion?

I've been having weird pulsing in my head for over 10 years. Started in my early college years. I've never figured it out. Its usually a 15 second pulsing then goes away. My head is sensitive afterwards for a few hours. Does not happen on a regular basis and I can not put my finger on what triggers it. The pulsing is sometimes sharp, sometimes dull. Very erratic in timing and in level of pain. I wish it would just stop.

i was just wondering if anyone ever found out what their problem was?i have been experiencing something similar the past couple of days. please reply

Has anyone figured out what was wrong with them? I've had the same symtoms for the past couple days.. not painful, just irritating, and kindof nauseating

Reading all your stories was like reading a book of my life! I get a pulsing in the right side of my head, followed by dizziness. I have alot of problems with my neck on the right side and this causes headaches. I also get what feels like pressure behind my eyes, aswell as a stabbing pain. This eye pain usually lasts about 10 seconds and passes. The neck pain is all day every day and is affecting how I live my life. If I try to workout or run I get a pressure feeling in my whole head and I have to stop or it feels like something is going to pop. Im so over it all. I really need some answers...

Hey, I just want to share with you guys my experience and possible suggestions. About two years ago in the military I had a horrible experience. I was eating in a diner when I had a warm feeling come from the bottem of my neck where it meets my shoulders to the top of my head and I almost lost conciousness. The first one I shrugged off but then it happend again less than 15 seconds later, and then it kept on happening in succession. I went to the emergency room, had a ct scan, and a LP for fear of an annurism. Nothing was wrong, so they decided it was anxiety and doped me up. I felt better at that moment but was hurled instantly into anxiety disorder from that experience where as a typical person suffering from anxiety develops the disorder over a few months. I never suffered from anxiety until that day but was plagued until just a few months ago. With that being said I'm over the disorder, I no longer take medication and never experienced the "whooshing" since that day. I still have a pulsating feeling from time to time in my head, mostly behind my ears and in my neck. I don't even worry about it because I've been tested from everything to tumors, annurisms, to meningitis. My blood pressure can get high sometimes but only from stress aka anxiety from stress. this is my own personal belief as to why I have these pulsings but ofcourse I would suggest getting tested for everything, but I believe I have become overly sensitive to my body. Part of that belief comes from doctors not being able to find anything wrong and part of it there not really being anything threatening from it. Over the 2 years I had the disorder I was freaking out at every loud noise or pain in my body and I believe im just overly sensitive now. Like feeling pulsating veins in your fingers, or your heart pumping with your head rested on you arm. sorry for the long dragged out story but basically im getting at is check yourself for some possible anxiety/stress related issues. You might not have had it as bad as me but anxiety is evil and comes in many forms. My roomates girlfriend is suffering from those "whooshes" and has accute anxiety problems herself.

Hope this helps :-)