Hello. I'm 45 year old female and my biggest concern is my husband health right now. About a month ago he has experienced serious car accident in which he could die. He has fallen out through the window breaking the glass with his head.
Luckily, ambulance came almost immediately and he end up in hospital with broken leg and mild head concussion.
Initial treatment lasted about a week and then he was released home.
He is feeling quite good right now but he started to suffer from frequent headaches and that’s worry me.
I don’t know is there such a thing as post-concussion syndrome?

Hello. I will tell you what I know about all this although it seams like your husband only has mild post- concussion symptoms.
Disorder called post-concussion syndrome really does exist and it is medically described. In fact- we are talking about consequences of brain swelling after injury.
The most common symptoms are frequent headaches, dizziness, depersonalization, nausea, vomiting and blurred vision.
In most cases the symptoms go away by them self. You husband should definitely use some analgesics for his headaches and shouldn’t drive at all until his symptoms disappear for good!

Is it true that if you use psychoactive drugs after a concussion it can effect who you are and your personality?