I went to the pub yesterday night and got hit over the head with a beer bottle by a my girlfriend's ex, who is a lot taller than me. It's painful and it was bleeding yesterday. Now it looks all red and nasty. Is there anything you recommend I do to make the swelling go away? Could it be infected?

Hallo,

It is unfortunate to hear how did you get the injury on your head. People do crazy things now days. I think that you should be fine if you do not have any cuts on your head. The lump will probably disappear after several days. Also I think that if there are no fractures on your head that there is no need to see a doctor. You could try to use some pain killers for the pain, because you will have severe headaches. I think that if this continues to happen you should see your doctor. I hope that this was helpful in any way.

All the best to you,

Karen