Hi! My neurologist suggested me some tests to confirm diagnose. He thinks that I have HNPP. How they diagnose HNPP. If you know something about this disease please tell me.

Hi! I have HNPP. Hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsies is a familial neuropathy that presents with episodes of numbness, weakness, and muscular atrophy. Diagnosis of HNPP is complicated by the fact that the clinical presentations overlap with other disease. First, A nerve biopsy was not done and a genetic test for HNPP was performed. They found some genetic abnormality, and they confirm diagnose. HNPP is a slowly progressive hereditary peripheral neuropathy, which makes you very susceptible to nerve injury from pressure, stretch or repetitive use. This disease is very rare.

I have HNPP, like bonnette, I was diagnosed by a genetic test. Mostly this is done by taking a small blood sample, and it takes several weeks (sometimes months if you live in hte UK) to get the result.
In the US Athenalabs (try googling for them) often carry out the tests, they have some information on their website.
Otherwise, have you come across the HNPP org website, run by an RN who has HNPP. The website has the backing of a Neurologist, Dr. Parry, who is probably one of the worlds experts on HNPP. Although it is a little out of date, most of the info is very relevant.

Good luck

Is there any other way to verify HNPP? My insurance refuses to pay for the genetic testing and I cannot afford approximately $2000 for the test.