Hi. My father have some sort of a disease. He was diagnosed with neuroborreliosis and I have never heard for such disease. My Mom told me that neuroborreliosis is the invasion of central nervous system. But couldn`t found out more and wonder if there is anybody who could tell me something about neuroborreliosis. Is neuroborreliosis connected with Lyme disease and how?

Hi. I think that neuroborreliosis is a common, clinically characteristic but underrecognized neurological syndrome. It is very difficult to diagnose this disease and the physician will need a familiarity with the most common forms of presentations. So far it is known that, for most patients, systemic features of disease coexist with neurologic manifestations. Central and peripheral nervous system involvement is connected with lyme disease. Data from labs may confirm the diagnosis, but not sure that it will happen. Also, patients may not remember a history of a tick bite, or the pathognomonic rash. The infection may require long-term treatment.