I have always suffered with palpitations.  I had check-ups which included scans, ecg, stress tests and 24 hour holter monitors.  extrasystoles and not to worry about them too much.  So I got used to them.  Recently I had a pseudoephedrine  tablet for my stuffy nose and I had a huge palpitation  that I could feel in my head and made me feel dizzy and lasted 5 seconds.  I got worried and went to the cardiologist, he did an ecg and took my blood pressure.   He said that the palpitation was a few extrasystoles beating at the same time because the medication is a stimulant he didn't want to do further test because he had results from 1 year and 1/2 ago when he did all the tests.
Now my sister has Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome she had an episode when she was 30 years old she passed out and when they did the ecg she was still with the palpitation and with additional test they diagnose the condition.  She is OK now she doesn't take any medication aside from that episode she has been fine up until now.
I have worries about me having the condition as palpitations are very difficult to diagnose unless they can check with the monitor the same time as one is having the palpitation.  I have read that sometimes it's very difficult to diagnose because it's not that visible.  I am very confused and I don't know whether I should ask the cardiologist for more test. 

There's no reason why you can't ask them to review your ECG/EKG. WPW can actually be fairly simple to diagnose from an ECG/EKG. There is a shortened PR interval and usually a fairly characteristic delta wave due to part of the impulse going down a secondary pathway to the ventricles and missing the AV node. Usually the majority of the remainder of the tests are to exclude other things like hyperthyroidism, etc. I find it difficult to believe a cardiologist would have missed the diagnosis however, if you indeed did have WPW.
Whilst there is a familial link with WPW, ie, it is an autosomal dominant trait and thereby inheriting just one affected gene guarantees the condition, it is important to remember two things;
1) Many cases of WPW have no genetic link, and-
2) Even if it is genetic and your sister has it, you still have a 50% chance of not having it.

There are a number of causes for palpitations, most of which are impossible to diagnose without having an ECG/EKG of the event in progress. Many people just have regular temporary palpitations without cause (idiopathic). It usually doesn't cause any problems.
If you haven't captured an ecg/ekg of a palpitation in progress and they're lasting a long time, it is important to try and get to an ED or call an ambulance to try and capture it on paper. This way there will be a better understanding of how to treat it. If you have captured it, the cardiologist would have ruled out the more sinister causes. One may need to consider medication if it is happening more and more regularly though.