Hi, I am 63 years old woman. I have weakness, numbness and tingling in my muscles. My doctor thinks it might be a peripheral neuropathy. He will do some tests to be shore. I would like to know what tests are required for diagnosing neuropathy.

Hello, I was diagnosed with neuropathy few months ago when I went to doctor because of some problems. I had abnormal blood pressure, constipation, bladder dysfunction and sexual dysfunction. My worst problem was extremely high blood pressure and heart rate, because I was in danger of getting a heart attack. Diagnosis involved neurological and physical examinations. I did electromyography (EMG), and that is when I was diagnosed with neuropathy. It turned out that my autonomic nerves were damaged. I never found out the cause of the damage. Your symptoms seam like you have neuropathy caused by damaged sensory nerve.