I has my thyroid removed due to cancer a week ago and I became extremly hoarse. Doctor said it will come back but so far no improvement is felt. an anyone who had the same experience share yours with me ? Would my voice be back ? What can I do ?

thank.

I do not know how many people responded to you but am curious how is your condition right now ?

I had my thyroid totally removed 4 weeks ago and my voice has not returned. It is extremely hoarse and weak. It is raspy

sounding like something is cracking.People told me I will get better. My doctor said it may take 3 -6 months. I notice from others' writings that some even took two years to notice the change.

We are in the same boat and I am frsutrated for no improvement at all. I may not be patient enough but I need my voice for living.

Please share your experince and perhaps we should encourage each other. I will have my RAI next week. some said that would worse my condition. I am worried. Marcel

I had Hashimotoes disease and my ttyroid was removed about 8 months ago. I still tend to have a hoarse voice and it really bothers me. I have been told just to drink more fluids or suck on hard candies. this does not help.
I have also had issues with my TSH levels due to the surgery.

i had half my thyroid removed a week ago today. It is some better but still weak in tone. I go tomorrow for my post surgery check up. I too need my voice to conduct business all day long. I have taken a few extra days to voice rest but am not sure it this will make a noticeable difference. I have heard 6 months as well.

all the response are true, I had my thyroids removed 6 months ago and I still dont have my voice back it is very very raspy most of the time I am seeing a vocal specialist I was given exercises to do SPEAKING IN A LOW TONE, SINGING SMALL PHASES IN A HIGH AND LOW TONE, DRINK AT LEAST 8 - 16 OZ. OF WATER A DAY, IF YOU COUGH TRY TO CATCH IT BEFORE IT COMES OUT BY PURSEING YOUR LIPS, EATING HARD CANDY. I heard that sometimes your voice may not come back. ( that is not what I wanted to know ). I am hoping that my voice will come back because I truly miss singing. Good luck to everyone and I hope your voice returns to normal.

My voice comes and goes had thyroid removed twenty years ago

Unfortunately mine never came back after a thyroid removal 3 years ago. It still sounds raspy!

I am not sure when this was written but I am going on week 5 of having my thyroid removed and still very hoarse and have a very tight feeling around my neck

I had a total thyroidectomy five weeks ago and my voice is hoarse. I am very tearful and depressed about it and i was not forewarned that this would happen.