i just had a tonsilletomy and it seems that my voice isnt as powerful as it was before hand. do my vocal cords just need time to recover? does a tosillectomey even have anything to do with the vocal cords? i need help im a singer, it would be greatly appreciated

does anyone think their tonsillectomy impacted their singing voice? other than the guy above... if so, how?

MY DOCTOR SAID THAT IT WOULD NOT PERMANENTLY AFFECT THE VOICE

YES!! It worked wonders... I have less cracks...

To all singers who have undergone tonsillectomy: Please tell me the affects on your voices several weeks after the surgery.

Yes I want to know the same thing! I plan on singing to be my profession. I had a tonsillectomy just over two months ago and it has affected my singing voice. I can still sing but I lost some of my high range, and when I get real warmed up I can hit all the notes but my voice goes out before one song is done... I'm wondering if I just need to keep practicing and restrenghten my voice... I just feel like at this point I'm not gonna get it back. I know these posts are old, so if u guys get this could u let me know how your voices are doing?

ryan, i noticed the exact same thing with my voice. i had a pristine sound to my voice, but post surgery i lost it. believe it or not, i began praying to God, the one who gave me these beautiful high-runs and mariah carey range in the first place, and, of course He restored it! Sounds kooky, I know, but hey, I can sing again!

i also had tonsillectomy about a month ago. the wound has already healed, however my voice had changed. :( i just wanna have my normal voice back, i feel awkward everytime people stare at me whenever they hear me speak :/