im sixteen i think, pretty sure i have some hormonal imbalance i have anixiety, tired all the time etc....! i have not had my period for 4 months!!! do you think if i start brith control it will help levelm out my hormone!! everyone says it will my rn teahers and stuff what do you think???!!!

i just hope it will i need this to go away especially the anxiety!!! help!!!

Birth control can help to level out your hormones but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will help your mood. If you have anxiety and you're tired all the time, you could also be depressed or anxious. I think a good idea would be talking to your doctor about this so that you can start on birth control and maybe even an antidepressant. From what you've described, it sounds like you are very anxious, so the antidepressant would help with that, while the birth control would help you with your period. I hope that this helps!

Is there is anyway that you could be pregnant? If so, make sure you tell your Dr. before he puts you on any birth control or antidepressant.
Like Healthnfitnessguy said...Birth Control can help make your periods more regular and if you are anxious or depressed that can delay your period. Good Luck!!!

Hi:
At your young age, I don't see that you should take on a chemical plan to regulate your hormones. Hormones, puberty, adolescence is all about hormonal imbalance. LOL...I'm not making fun, but do you want to start taking meds for this? I don't think so. I would suggest that you take a good look at your nutritional practices. Young women your age tend not to eat enough of the right things. Google "Food Pyramid." Check the pyramid out and see how well you are doing with your required daily nutritional intake. If you are not doing so well, this would explain your mood swings and your tiredness. I hope you are not using any illegal drugs. All of these things would contribute to your current health status. Are you drinking enough water. How high is your daily sugar intake? Start with nutrition, I think you will find answers. Don't drug your way thru adolescence. It's a bad habit to start. If there is some other problem, however, that a credible, reputable medical professional discovers, of course you should following his/her treatment plan if it involves medication. Let us know...This is great info for other teens and their families.

Thank's!! I am going to the doctor today an (obgyn). Hopefully I find something out there, and I will post more! wish luck!

How did the visit to the doctor's office go? What did you find out? Please get back to me with some info. I hope that things went well. I'll be waiting to hear back from you....I hoping for the very best for you.