Hi I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and for me is characterized by an imbalance in the ratio of FSH to LH hormones. I have dealt with lack of ovulation/menstruation, depression/moodiness, acne, and weight fluctuations for years and am about to get back on birth control realizing what the main culprit is associated with all these problems. I am 25 and need to be on birth control to help with these hormonal imbalances and resulting symptoms. I understand every woman's body is different and that is why we all react differently to different birth control pills. I am wondering if there is anyone out there with the same or similar hormonal imbalance resulting in the same or similar symptoms, and which birth control you have found to work out best for alleviating these issues for you. Thanks.

Hi I was recently diagnosed with the same thing. My FSH and LH levels are backwards. However my testosterone levels were fine..whatever that means..anyway, my doctor gave me yaz i haven't started taking it yet, but when i do i will let you know how it works..

I too was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It means that your eggs don't release from the ovary and instead become many(poly) cyst on your ovaries, which is why you have a lack of cycles because the body doesn't have an egg to get rid of. I chose to not take any drugs. Here is why: By having PCOS you are a high risk for uterine cancer because your cycle doesn't come and clean it out as it ought to every month. If you take birth control which is a low dose of hormone therapy it has a side effect of uterine cancer. If you suffer many symptoms I highly suggest going to a natural path or looking into natural ways of dealing with the symptoms. Your body will thank you for it.