Hi, I gained my weight a lot in the last couple of years. I cant recognize my self in the mirror. I tried every single diet and exercise, but nothing was happening. Then I did some blood tests, and I found out that I have a hormone imbalance. Could it be causing this weight loss resistant?

Yes, it’s very possible. Many women are weight loss resistant because of the hormonal imbalance. Hormonal imbalance influences all of our body functions, especially weight control. Maybe you have a high level of estrogen. It can cause a weight loss resistance and cellulite appearing. What is more important, it causes polycystic breasts and ovaries. Polycystic ovaries are most common hormone disorder in women, and it’s called polycystic ovaries syndrome. Beside weight loss resistance, you might be experiencing loss of hair and mood changes.

Hi there,
Hormones are very important part of our lives and they regulate the production and absorption of everything in our body. So when you have a problem with one hormone you will feel ill or you will notice some unwanted changes in your body. Like in your case you will gain weight even if you exercise and try to watch your diet. Did your doctor told you more details about hormone imbalance? Did he suggest any treatment for this condition? You will most likely have to start with hormone replacement therapy. I think that you need to take supplements. And also you will need to change your diet that is more suitable for your condition. However continue with the exercises.