I am 18 years old and have a bf more than a year. We are intimate for the start. The problem is now that for the past 3 months I have very irregular and even absent periods. We never tried conceiving, so having a baby now would mean I would have to make an abortion. So, do irregular or absent periods mean conceiving?

Hey there,
Irregular or even absent periods do not necessary mean you two have conceived a baby. It is like that… usually when woman is pregnant, she doesn’t have period for 9 months (meaning she doesn’t have period during pregnancy), but this is not necessary the case with every woman… I mean, this is a “natural” rule, but sometimes this doesn’t happen that way… So, some women have periods even during their pregnancy (if this is the case, they have periods usually at the first trimester…). Irregular or absent periods may be a sign for other problems connected to woman’s reproductive organs, not necessary pregnancy. Were you at the gyn’s? Do you have annual check ups?
One more thing. If you want to be sure considering pregnancy, I would recommend you doing a baby (pregnancy) test. They are very accurate (99, 9%), very easy to do and available in almost every store or pharmacy.
I hope everything will work out well for you and that some day there will be a right time for a baby… trust me it is worth waiting!

my husband and i have been trying to get pregnant for almost three years and i use to come on my cycles every three months and stay on for a month and a half now that i was on the birth control i regulated my cycles and i come on every month now the proble is were still not getting pregnant we tried the clomid 50mg and that didn't work and i've been on the ovulex for now two months and nothing is working for me. everytime i go to the doctors they always have me do them stupid test and they always say the same thing if anyone can give me some information that could help me i would greatly appreciated it

My husband and i have been trying for over 2 years with no success, but we found out that i have PSOS (polycistic ovarian syndrom), most women do not even know they have this unless you are being monitored very closely. PSOS is where your overy creates the egg but does not rupture to release it into the tubes. So even though your ovulation test says you have hit your LH surge it doesn't mean your body will release the egg. So my advise would be that you speak with a fertility specialist.

I am nearly 18, whilst most ppls periods are not very regular mine are very irregular but every other week. This is what the depo shot has done for me, I do not reccommend it for any 1 if when they come off it they dont want to wait a long time to get pregnant. I am trying to get pregnant but with bleeding so much I do not know when I am ovulating thats if i am at all. My doctor did a blood test to check my thyroid and to make sure I was not aneamic. I am not either of them, but i am low on progestagen. I go back to see my doctor today to see how they can help me conceive.