Hi. I'm 22 year old male and I have some delicate problems to discuss with you. You see, I have problems with erection but not always- it happens only when I need to put a condom on. I'm sleeping with my girlfriend over then six months now and we have never used any contraception method but then she started to worry about possible pregnancy and asked from me to start using condom. I thought that it would be easy for me but I was wrong-it’s affecting my erection.
I talked to talk with her about some other methods of birth control such as birth control pills but she refuses using them because she has heard a lot about some side effects of it. How could I convince hewr to change her opinion?

Well, first, I must say that I don’t share opinion with you because I'm a female and I know for sure that these pills can cause several side effects such as nausea, breast tenderness, decreased sex drive, weight gain and several others but I must admit that many women do not experience any of these.
Because of your delicate situation I will help you providing you some positive aspects of birth control pill usage you could mention to your girlfriend. First, they are great at regulating the menstrual cycle. They reduce menstrual cramps and can help treating acne. I have even read somewhere that the risk of developing benign breast cysts, ovarian cysts and ectopic pregnancy are reduced by taking these pills.

a high percentage of the population who take the pill experiance no side effects However it is up to your girlfriend to do more research, maybe go and see a doctor to talk about it or any of her friends who are on it, either way it has to be something she is comfortable taking. Also there are many guys who experiance the same problem when they are not used to using a condom, sometimes it takes a bit more practice before your used to it, and what about in the future many girls you meet will expect you to use a condom.

I have read elsewhere that some men, if the condom is even the slightest too big or small, they cannot get up an erection. So, if you cannot convince her to go on birth control, or as you continue to work on her, you may wish to try different size condoms.