Hey,

i have been on birth control got about 2 years, and up until recently was very good about taking my pill on time. recently i have been frogetting to take it ALOT. my boyfriend and i dont use any other form of protection. i was just wondering if it is possible to become pregnant while on the pill and still have your normal periods. Any advice would be awesome. thanks.

yes, it is possible to become pregnant on the pill if it is not taken properly. The pill is meant to be taken everday around the same time. But you will be late for your period if you become pregnant. That part won't change. If you are still having a period on time and regular then you are not pregnant.

yeah i'm sort of in the same situation, i was really sick with lyme and was taking a medicine that counteracted my bc, and didnt realize until possibly too late, i'm back on bc and am wondering if when i start taking the sugar pills will i still get my period? and it will just be non of the lining, because is the pill MAKING me have ya know, anything come out? or if im pregnant will i not get my period at all?

I lost on of my pills and couldn't find it so I just continued taking them without replacing that one, Could I be pregant and if so can the birthcontrol hurt the baby

Birth control is meant to be taken regularly...if you are concerned about getting pregnant, use a contraceptive until you start your period again. If you become pregnant while taking the pill, the pill will not hurt the unborn baby. Studies have shown that a little extra hormones will not harm the baby.

I am in the EXACT same place as everyone here. I am on birth control and i try not to miss any pills but everytime i do, it messes up my cycle and i start my period. This month, i missed 2 pills and nothing happened. I have symptoms that are all pointing towards me being pregnant.
I called my doctor and shes the type that talks fast and is annoyed when you ask too many questions so i told her like 2 of my symptoms and she cut me off and said i wouldnt be showing signs if i were pregnant...but i didnt have time to tell her that its been going on for 2 weeks. She said not to stop my birth control so i havent.
I read the birth control papers and it says if you think you may be pregnant stop the pill immediately and talk to your doctor bc it may cause birth defects.
I was wondering the same thing:
What if I am pregnant, will i still get a period when i start the sugar pills? Birth control, no matter what, makes your body think its pregnant and when you take the sugar pills it makes your body think its having a miscarriage...and thats why you have a controlled period.
Now, i know you can have a period and it may be irregular and that can sometimes indicate being pregnant...

i start my sugar pills tomorrow so im nervous. ive been waiting to find out for 23 days!!! if i am pregnant i hope my baby doesnt have any birth defects bc my stupid doctor is a b***h and wont let me talk!! lol

wish me good luck! (fingers crossed) X X

hey what happend r u having a baby?

my girlfriend takes BCpills to manage her periods but it dosnt really work and shes having periods when shes not suposed to. well we had sex and I ejaculated on her and maybe in her. So with her pills not working for her periods dose that mean she can become pregnant

No worries. Blast away! Medically impossible for her to be pregnant.

I'm on Alesse and have had unprotected sex twice while on the pill. My boyfriend is worried that I may be pregnant, I wasn't worried about it till he said something. I also have been getting some big stomac pains but I thought it was just because I have a cold intill my boyfriend brought it up. I take my pill at 7am everyday, but one day it was hard for me to swallow for some reason so the pill dissolved in my mouth, is this still effective? I know I cant get pregnant from being on the pill but still the pill isnt 100% effective which alarms me, Please help me. Thanks

you can get pregnant while on the pill as you all know.... and yes you can still have your period when you take the sugar pills! while you are taking the regular pills your hormones are higher and when you go to the sugar pill it makes your hormones drop causing your period weather your pregnant or not. my mother was on the pill when she got pregnant with me and had absolutely no idea she was pregnant because the pill was causing her to still have her period... the same thing happened to me. i was always forgetting to take my pills or not taking them at the same time and i had sex ONCE and no more than that and a while later my script was up for my pill so i was going to go get another script but decided not to since i wasn't having sex (except for that one time) so i took the last of my pills and never started my period again after that and when i went to the doctor to talk to him about it i found out the i was 5 and a half months pregnant!!! so to answer your question YES you can still get your period when you take your sugar pills!!!!!!!

I would like to know where you get your information from... I was on B/C and became preganant with my oldest child....so your "No worries...Blast away! Medically impossible for her to be pregnant" is VERY INACCURATE!!!!!! It is possible for a woman to become pregnant while she is on the pill....if not my oldest child would not be here and neither would one of my older brothers!!!! NEVER trust only 1 form of birth control if you want to have sex and not end up with a child!!!!!!!

Ive been taking yaz for over a year now. The past month or two i have started gaining weight, my breasts have become huge, i sometimes feel sick to my stomach and have heart burn when i have never had it before. I have still been getting my little three day period like aways, Two weeks ago my fiance told me i looked a little rounder than usual, so i took a pregnancy test. it came up negative. Two months ago my Gp found a mass in my breast and recommended me to get a ultrasound and go see an obgyn. My ultrasound came up negative so i made an appointment with a highly recommended obgyn. A week ago i went and ss any women knows when you go to a new obgyn they do there normal tests and had me take a pregnancy test, did blood work, so on so on. Well, the pregnancy test came back postive and after an exam, i was told i was 15 weeks pregnant!!! I have since stopped taking the yaz. My doctor thinks that the birth control is what kept me having the periods and had no explanation about the false negative. So Yes, even tho you take birth control, you can still get pregnant, and it some cases you will continue to have your period.

Soo um... Here's the thing my girl friend and i haven't actually had sex yet and we've been together a year and a half. But we were ( fooling around ) with out a condom, i never stuck it in but i did (come) and i don't think any went into her vag but still i'm scared. She is on birth control but she was on like the 4 days that you don't take it cause of her period or whatever. Is their a chance i got her pregnant or is it very unlikely?

So two weeks ago, I started having sore breasts/tingly nipples. I had a feeling, and I mentioned being pregnant. I AM ON BIRTH CONTROL. I have been nauseated, but not much... no throwing up yet. I've had some crazy cramps going on for about... two and a half weeks now.

A few days ago, I missed a pill and didn't notice 'til the day after it was missed. I did what I was supposed to do and took two pills the next day. This has happened to me before, on birth control, and my period still came at a normal time.

THIS TIME I'm late on my period. Could I be pregnant, or is it just the birth control pill? I -know- the birth control pill is supposed to be taken at a certain time, EVERYDAY. And that could have an effect, but... before it had no effect at all. Any opinions or advice would be wonderful.

Thank you for your time. <3

P.S.
I'm hoping I'm pregnant!