I took a home pregnancy test two days ago. The results were positive. The first day of my last period was January 10th but it wasn't a normal cycle, in fact it was just over a month long. I had a 5 yr IUD from September 2004 until June of 2009. After it was removed I had only a couple of normal periods, the rest were either not on time or longer/ shorter than normal. I'm wondering how I can determine when I got pregnant? If I can sill use the Jan 10th date even though my cycles were so abnormal, and if not, what date should be used?
I have an appointment with my family doctor but it isn't for a couple of weeks and I am very curious as to when I conceived! Any help I can get on this would be much appreciated!

when you say abnormal what do you mean? is it the length of you cycle or the length of you bleeding?

i was searcing for how to determin how far along i am when i have irregular period and i found this ...
Quote:

There is one simple way to figure out about how far you are:

Think back to when you last period was. What was the first day?
Say for instance it was August 20.

Go out 7 days from that date.
OK,
now you have August 27.
Then go back 3 months from the month you have.
Don't include the month of your last period.
That gives us May 27 of next year.

hope this helps you

Sorry pressed the wrong button and the other way is to sit back relax and wait for your scan that is the best way to find out how many weeks you are

By abnormal I mean the length of my cycles and the variation of blood both differ from month to month!

Hello Again
So one month you could have of instance a 33 day cycle and the next you could have a 28 day cycle .. my Aunt Flow she has an average of 26 days my longest is 29 and my shortest was 25 my bleeding range's from 4 days to 8 days depending on my cycle day when i got pregnant with my son back in 2006 they had my EDD wrong but the scan date was 2-3 days out and my midwife had me a weeks to go when he was born he was well over cooked (very dry skin)

Congrats i for got to mention it in my last one but once you go for you scan it will be able to get the size of baby and it will be able estimate the due date for you

Hope all is well and i hope you have a happy 9 months

Thanks so much! I appreciate your reply!!