Iam a 30 year old female. Me and my husband are trying had to get pregnant. Till about 6 months back, my periods were spot on regular,every 28 days i would start them. But since April this year my periods became irregular, they never start 28 days , and i usually miss 10 -15 days from the date of last period. eg 15th July period started, it never starts on 14th August as it should, but will start as late as 25th or 30 th August... The doctor gave me provera in the first month , but subsequently stopped it saying it should happen on its own
Now given the situation , i dont know if iam ovulating at all because iam not getting pregnant either. I have used countless ovulation kits, If someone has a similar situation please help. Why is this happening suddenly? What is wrong with me?

Did you ever find out what was going on with you? I am having the same kind of issues and I actually went to the doctor and they don't know what the problem could be other than perimenapause, which is really strange because all this started when my husband and I started trying often to conceive.

I used to have 28 day cycles, then had a miscarriage 3 months ago, now I am 2 weeks late for my period and have no idea when I am ovulating!
It only started when my fiance and I started trying to conceive. Have you received any good advice?

I stopped taking the pill in December and have only had 2 periods which were light and lasted only a few days - I have endemetrious also which does not help but went to the doctor and after lots of tests have determind that I am not producing strong enough hormones so therefore not ovulating - There is something called Clomid that can help boost this so try that
I am due an op next month but after that I will be going for this treatment myself.

Hope this helps you all

Hi
I am in the same situation as you are. we TTC from Jan , used countless no of ovulation kits(which showed i was ovulating) . Went to the gyn last month. was ordered to take blood tests to check my progesterone level. Results came out that my level was low. The Gyn said i was not ovulating. My reaction was "but the ovulation kits say i do" :-( ...Wenn she said the sometimes the brain plays games.... :$
Will be starting my cycle of clomid next month. Hoping we succeed...

Hello all,

I am 24 years of age and its been really difficult for me to conceive. :'( I can relate to you all except I do not have a menstrual what so ever. Last year which was 2008 my cycle use to come every few months then stop. and I wouldn't have a monthly cycle for months at a time. The Dr. prescribed me provera during those times to get my cycle going and it worked to bring it down then the next month the same thing would happen. In December of 2009 I started my cycle which lasted every day ( YES EVERYDAY) until I was admitted into the hospital April 2009. I had lost so much blood that I had to get a blood transfusion. They put me on a steroid to get my hormones in tact and every thing went good :-D so I thought. I have not had a cycle since May 2009 and its frustrating because I don't know what to do anymore. They had me on all types of birth control to try to regulate my cycle and to its advantage I haven't been able to conceive nor produce a cycle %-) I'm starting to loose hope and fear that I may never be able to have a baby. And of course going to see a specialist in fertility is quite expensive. My Dr. had prescribe clomid for me but how can I take this when I don't have a cycle???????? I have fribroid tumors and a cyst on my right ovary. I'm so frustrated... Is there any advice for me???

I'm going through the same thing. I am 32 years old and my first irregular period started in November 2011. It seems like my cycle is in a cycle. I noticed that because I've been keeping a chart. That time I didn't have my period for 42 days, then it was 34, 31, 25, 32, and now in April I suspect it will be the a long one again. I will be going to a doctor today, but I am seriously scared. We also started trying to conceive, just ourselves, without any interventions (meaning: no fertility tests, or pills, or treatments). The thing I wanted to ask you is if any of you has gained considerable weight or feels that gets more bloated than usual. Thanks for your answer!

Have you checked if you have polycystic ovaries?

So I'm with you all, but my situation is completely different. My husband and I have been TTC since the end of last year, but something really strange happened. In Nov my cycle came on and didn't go off until January. I went to the doctor twice thinking something serious was wrong or that I may be having a miscarriage, but she said nothing was good and it would fix itself. It did finally go off and went back to you normal (which has been pretty irregular most of my life), but normal enough since I had gotten off the pill. Fast forward to present day, it's back on and has been on for a month straight tomorrow. I am going to the doctor on Monday to have anot ultrasound. I truly have no clue what is wrong. This all of a sudden started when we started TTC.

Exact Same happening with me now ... so you mind writing what ended up happening?