Hi i had sex with my gf on december 16 and she told me her last manstration day start dec 10 2014 and then we have sex 3 more times last sex we had on jan 1 2015 and i m sure i didnt come out in her. And now i saw her ultrasound which she take on sep 4 2015 there is written that the baby is 33 weeks and 5 days. So can someone tell me that is it possible i m the father or not.

Hi Scot,

First off, ultrasound dating is an ESTIMATE.  Going by her LMP (since she knows it) is usually more accurate and it is what doctors use to predict due dates.

With her LMP staring on Dec 10, she'd normally be expected to ovulate between Dec 21 and Dec 26.  The egg is viable for about 48 hours.  Sperm is viable for up to about 5 days.  You did have sex when there was a possibility for her to get pregnant.

BUT the timing is off.  She should be showing 38 weeks and 5 days.  She's off by a month.

Get a DNA test.

Good luck.

Medic Dan - I feel like am stalking you - please dont be put off just looking for some advise please.
I am struggling with my conception date well more worried than anything else. My lpm was 15th Feb. My 1st scan said edd 20th Nov and other 2 scans confirmed 19th November - sounds good. My doctors seem to be going by my US results EDD 19th Nov. According to my LMP the EDD is 22nd Nov 2015 though. Had intercourse on 21nd or 22nd can't remember unprotected with my husband (came inside) and then on March 6th with someone else (with protection - no accidents reported, apologies for being so graphic: I examined myself and there was no remains of sperm inside me only the usual condom oily feel and odour - I assumed all is good and condom did its job) so (long story short, we separated with my hubbie for few days - couple troubles) Just to put it out there this was the only 2 times I had IC one unprotected and one with condom. According to all the calculations including my lmp and US my conception should be around 26th Feb - 1st March so nowhere near 6th March. And to mention I had MC last Sep so my cycles were little all over the shop but before pretty 28 days +/- couple days due to stress in work etc. Please help when was I likely to conceive.My midwife said around end of Feb beginning of March - I really think its my husbands baby. PLEASE HELP/ADVISE. Maria x

It's your husbands

I really hope so, I have done a horrible thing I know but we were going through some rough patch and I failed to be loyal and I don't want this baby to not be his as that's all he always wanted/we wanted. I read forums about when women conceived and when were their due dates and mine seem spot on with theirs but as they say nothing is always 100%. Still bit worried - its a guilt I think more so. Thank you for your reply I value it greatly Maria x

Odds do favor it being your husbands.

thanks for your reply Medic Dan, I was hoping for just odds really, can you advise bit more?

sorry meant to say ,,I was hoping for more than just odds,,

more advise would be really great please

Not sure what you are hoping for. The best we can say is that it is more likely than not to be your husbands.

There are just too many variables to say with 100% certainty.

Hi Dan, I was just hoping for an advise on conception really. I have done millions of calculations and all is coming back conception between 26th Feb and March 1st as my US came back due date 19th Nov. I was hoping that someone who know what they talking about with medical background could shed a light a bit on my problem. I saw your replies that were professional and I was ,,hoping,,to get some sort of prof advise as well. Anyway thanks for your help. M

Maria,

22nd November is your due date based on your LMP. That's how most doctors calculate your due date. Take your LMP and add 40 weeks.

Don't rely on the US for a due date - it's an estimate. They're close enough.

Unfortunately we can't know exactly when you ovulated, nobody can, after the fact. Going by the averages your husband should be the father, almost 100%. It is unlikely to be "someone else" again based on averages.

Hope it helps.

Hi Dan, I really appreciate your reply thank you, it really helps to hear stractual advise from a health specialist. Best wishes M x

Sorry Dan just wanted to clarify what you mean by avarages do you mean that women usually ovulate on day 14 so that would be the avarage? Also my hospital say that they go by ultrasound it also says in my maternity folder on both occasions they put 19 nov down as EDD. Thank ypu again Maria

Sorry Dan for some reason it showed me as guest - just wanted to clarify what you mean by averages do you mean that women usually ovulate on day 14 so that would be the average? Also my hospital say that they go by ultrasound it also says in my maternity folder on both occasions they put 19 Nov down as EDD. Thank you again Maria_n1981