I am 18 years old and have always had regular periods, lasting about 5 days, 28 day cycle, etc. I started birth control at 16 and I never had any breakthrough bleeding or anything like that. About 6 months ago, my period started coming during the 3rd week of my 4 week pill pack, and has been starting a few days earlier each month until this month it started in the middle of the second week. They last until the end of the fourth week every time, so theyve been getting steadily longer. I had an ob/gyn appt in January and asked my dr about it. She put me on a pill with a stronger hormone dosage. It had no effect for 2 cycles. I called to try to schedule an appt and she wouldn't even make an appt. said it was probably breakthrough bleeding and to wait a few months. I've never had this problem even when I first started birth control, so why would it have happened for 6 months on 2 diff pills? Any ideas?

HI THERE
I ALSO HAVE HAD IRREGULAR PERIOD'S MANY TIMES IN MY LIFE.  I WAS PUT ON THE PILL TO HELP REGULATE THEM. I HAD SIMILAR OUTCOMES WITH EACH ONE.  AT ONE POINT I REALLY WAS AFRAID AS TO WHAT WAS WRONG.  ANY CHANGE IN YOUR REGULAR BODY WEIGHT HAS A BIG EFFECT. SOMETIMES YOUR SYSTEM NEEDS TO ADJUST TO THE "NEW"  DOSAGE.  STRESS, WORKING OUT EXCESSIVELY ARE ONLY A COUPLE OF THINGS THAT WILL EFFECT YOUR REGULAR CYCLE.  I THOUGHT OF ALL THE WORST CASE SCENARIO'S AS BEING THE ANSWER. WHATS MOST IMPORTANT IS NOT TO PANIC.  HAVE YOU CONSIDERED ALTERNATE METHOD'S?  IN MY CASE I CHANGED TO AN IUD AND WITH 2 MONTH'S, I FOUND SOMETHING THAT WORKED BETTER IN MY SYSTEM AS THE PILL ( NO MATTER WHICH ONE I TRIED, WAS'T WORKING OUT SO GREAT. THESE DAYS THERE ARE SO MANY OPTION'S. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS HELPFULL, BUT IT IS VERY COMMON.  AT 18 YOUR BODY IS STILL CHANGING SO MUCH.