Hello! My daughter is eight years old and she has problems with swollen adenoid and tonsils. I want to know hoe dangerous swollen adenoid and swollen tonsils during sleep can be. Also, I want to know if it is recommended removing of tonsils and adenoid. I hope that you will be able to tell me more about this subject. Thank you in advance!

Hello! You should contact pediatrician about this problem. Your daughter will have problem during sleep and the most common problem is snoring. But, it is very possible that she will have problems with apnea. Apnea means stop breathing during sleep partially. If it is necessary, pediatrician will recommend removing of swollen adenoid and tonsils.

Hi there,
Your child is still very young but problems with adenoids and tonsils tend to affect your children. You mention only that this happens in her sleep. Did she ever experience the swelling during the day? How long is she having this problem? If you see a doctor he will most likely suggest a surgery to remove tonsils and maybe adenoids together. This is not too complicated procedure and it is very common now days. The only thing is the recovery which can last up to four weeks. But my suggestion would be to try first with some antibiotics and to lift her immune system to higher level so she stops having these swelling at night.
All the best