Hello! I have removed my tonsils when I was kid, but now I have same problems as I had when I was child. My throat is very painful and red. So, I know that may sound crazy, but can tonsils grow back again. I mean, I do not have any other reasonable explanation for this. I am thanking you in advance!

Hello! I know that sounds crazy, but they can. :-) I will explain you this: if surgeon left even very small part of tonsils when he operated you, then it is possible that they will grow back. So, my advice is following: visit your doctor and see if I am right. Anyway, you will need to visit doctor because of diagnose and treatment.

Hi I'm 15 i have the same problem occasionally but not a as intense. But i don't know if i should think about removing the tonsils. Will the tonsild shrink overtime or will the tonsils continue to inflame. What should i do? THANKS in advance.

Hi i'm 15, and i had my tonsils taken out in august, due to geting tonsilitis loads. When i had my tonsils out, it was very painful but i got thru it. but the prob now is that my throat keeps geting really sore most days where my tonsils were. so i think they could be growing back.. i hope they arn't but im going to the doctors today to find out. My throat at the moment feels like it did when i had tonsilitis, and has puss on it.

do u think my tonsils are growing back?

Actually im 18 and next week i have to go in and get them removed yet a second time because my tonsils grew back.. so for all of you that say they can't.. they really can..I got my tonsils out when i was 8. four years ago i got rushed to the hospital because the part of the tonsil that grew back formed an abscess.. When they grow back.. they cause more problems than before.. I have spent probably 15 grand just from this. But next week it should all be over

I had my tonsils out when i was 8, im 15 now and i keep getting really swollen sore when they used to be, is this normal long after having them out or could they be growing back?

Hi there
I had my tonsils out when I was 4 then again when I was 33. I think the second time must have been more scar tissue than anything else. I have had very poor health my whole life, my throat being one of the main problems. The problem did not clear up even after the second operation. I have recently been diagnosed with autoimmune disease/s and would suggest that you research this possibility on the internet especially if you have a close relative with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, vasculitis etc. Treatment to supress my immune system is starting to make a huge difference to my life. A rheumatologist was the person who made my final diagnosis (I had to work out what was wrong for myself! Behcet's disease). I would hate for anyone to suffer ill health for any longer than necessary, I did for over 45 years. Autoimmune diseases are woefully under diagnosed so it is probably worth considering. They are often triggered during puberty and affect far more women than men due to hormones.
My thoughts are with you all.

Yes, I Had my tonsils out 2 months ago and im only 14. Do yous think my tonsils will grow back ? Yes I Know your tonsils grow back due to left over tissue but is that the only way they can grow back because im really worried

im 16 and had my tonsils removed as a child and similarly to you i kept getting sore throats and i had to get them taken out for a second time last year. my advice is to go and see your doctor :-)

Hi there,
I had my tonsills out in November 2009, (only 5 months ago) and I got tonsillitis last week, as my left tonsill has actually grown back, I cannot believe it, I knew they could possibly grow back, but I didn't realise it could happen so fast!!!! has anybody else had theirs grow back in a very short space of time??

I had my toncills out in may and its ow october and I have this terrible feeling that they are growing back i even have blisters like before on them :/ its really worrieng me

just went to the doctor today as my tonsil only one is very red and inflamed and giving me an ear ach OMG thought this was all over...I had them taken out as a child of 5...am now laid up in bed feeling yuck and cant swallow due to its size...want to know can I have the rest of this tonsil taken out...HELP

I think so

I was 35 when my tonics were removed today I had the same symptoms and went back to the doctor who told me they had grown back!! Not fair, feel like I had them out for nothing :(

Yes, they can grow back. Mine did, hah. I went to the doc's a few years ago with a persistent sore throat and he said my tonsils were inflamed. My jaw just about hit the damn floor. I was like "but I don't have tonsils i had them removed when i was 9" he told me they grew back.