Hi! My two years old son has enlarged tonsils. He often gets cold. He also have problem with loud snoring, gasping at night to breathe and difficulty with sleep. His doctor suggests tonsillectomy. Should my son have this surgery? Do you know something more about enlarged tonsils?

Hi! My daughter had a same problem. I was brave and she had tonsillectomy. I am very satisfied wit results. She didn’t have any cold since the surgery. Enlarged tonsils can lead to sleep apnea (where your child stops breathing despite effort to do so for five seconds or longer. You should ask for a second opinion before you make decision. But, I think that surgery is best solution for enlarged tonsils.

Your son will be in the worst pain ever just to let you know!!

My 4 year old son got his tonsils and adnoids out 7 days ago and he did great!! He did not complain of pain just soreness. He was up and playing the day of surgery in fact, he has all ready went back to school yesterday. I hear the younger you are to have it done the less pain it is.

Hi im 14 and my brother is 12 and when my brother turned 7 he got tonsilituse or somthing like that his tonsils went massive so when i was down stairs and he was in bed i could hear him snoring thats how bad it was but we went to the doctors got his tonsils taken out and it was fine sept for the bacony mouth smell coz they laserd his tonsils out o.O