Hello! I was always bothered with my husband’s snoring. I became very worried when I noticed that he started to make pause in his breathing. It seems he has waken up to restart breathing and then usually fallen back asleep. He sometimes remembered waking up during the night, but usually didn’t remember his gaps in breathing. He usually felt tired and nervous during the day. His doctor diagnosed sleep apnea and recommended CPAP mask. Since he sometimes works till late in the night I was wondering if sleep deprivation makes sleep apnea symptoms worse.

Hello! I would say that sleep apnea and sleep deprivation create the closed circle. The person afflicted with sleep apnea usually has trouble sleeping caused by side effects of the condition, including frequent need to get up and urinate during the night. Sleep deprivation is actually caused by sleep apnea. If you add some more hours spend at work instead sleeping this will affects you husband’s immune system and mental health even more. You husband should change his work schedule if possible. The CPAP mask will help your husband to get good night sleep.