Hello!
My husband has problems with sleep apnea. This is driving me nuts, also he sometimes wakes up because he is so loud. Is there any kind of treatment or throat surgey or something that could improve his sleep apnea?
Thank you very much!

Before considering surgey, you must consider other options (continuous positive airway pressure, dental service, radio frequency procedure) and must talk to a doctor. Maybe your husband has specific shape of throat and nose. So, in every case, before surgery, he’ll have to visit specialist to measure his airways...
There are few types of surgery.
First is conventional surgery, which is done in operating room. The surgeon uses general or local freezing. There is a bad side effect to this type of surgery – there might be some pain after the surgery, which may not be controlled by medications. Next type is reconstructive surgery. Then it is known U.P.P.P., where surgeon cuts away the uvula and part of the soft tissue at the back of the throat. This one might limit and reduce snoring, but has limited success with sleep apnea. And then the laser surgery, which takes little bit longer, becouse it takes even up to seven visits to be completed. Pain and swelling also occurs, but this goes away in few days after the surgery.
It would be best consulting with specialist what type of surgery would do for you husband, considering the options and insurance coverage (for example, not all insurances cover laser surgery).
Regards!

I am a thin 54 year old with Sleep Apnea. My wife says that I don't struggle to get my breath but struggle to expell it. In other words she says I HOLD MY BREATH in my sleep. C-PAP doesn't work. I wonder if the mildly swollen glands I always seem to have in my neck could be just enough to restrict my air ways.