my daughter had her tonsils and adnoids taken out when she was 2. how can i check to see if she is coming down with strep throat?

I had my tonsils taken out when I was eight!
I am 40 now and I have a hard time telling myself but the dead give- away is the painful swallowing and sometimes the achines all over my body.
As a mom myself I know how hard it is to get the right info from your kids, but if in doubt, take them to the expert (Pediatrician, nurse practicioner...)

Hope this helps!

A fellow mom

Hi there,
Strep throat is very common among children but it can also affect anybody no matter how old are you. Well if you don’t have tonsils or adenoids I don’t think that there is not much difference when it comes to strep infection and its symptoms. You will notice all the regular symptoms, except of course inflammation of the tonsils because you don’t have any tonsils. You have to understand that inflammation of tonsils is not the only symptom of strep infection. The strep infection is also contagious and can spread by secretion of the nose or mouth. You can have a strep test in the hospital to confirm if you have this infection by taking a swab culture test.