I have recently got a chalazion on my eye, i dont want surgery, so how will i be able to disguise it? without make-up please help,

You have to realize that the only way to definitely get rid of it for good is to remove (surgically - there really is no alternative to that) the inflamed cyst from underneath the skin of your eyelid that is causing the chalazion to form. And even make-up doesn't help much when it's inflamed or swollen, the bump really is hard to hide. The only thing you can do is to apply the warm compress to the eyelid (but not too warm, obviously) so that it would drain quicker.

Thanks alot, putting on warm compresses' really does help, my chalazion came to a head, so ive cancelled my oppointment for surgery, was this the righ tthing to do, but alll puss came out so i think it was but now my eye is normal size, might not of been a chalazion in the first place, but thankyou so much if it wasnt for your comment i wouldve had a big thing still on my eye! :'}

jadiiex123 wrote:

nikols wrote:

You're welcome, glad it went down - I had it once and it was horrible :/ But, even when it has cleared up now, the follicle that gets inflamed has remained under skin and it's only question of time when it will it break out again. And that's what the procedure does - it removes that root of a problem. It's scary, like any procedure is, but this is the only permanent solution so you don't have to think if it will ever happen again. The procedure is only going to be easier now when it came down - less chance for complication and less pain. Write back on how it goes!

i know it has been ageeees sinse the reply but my chalazion has gone, and hasnt come back sinse!

Does the surgery hurt??  how long does it take to heal?...   i have one and have to go for surgery, im terified of knifes and the thought of someone touching my eye makes me want to pass out..  someone helpp?? 

The Surgery can be preformed to ways, with you awake and when your not awake. I have one myself and it is REALLY big and is closing up my eye, I am getting mine done asleep but if your going to go with asleep it takes longer to get it done