Hello, folks. I have a lump in my eyelid and I should really go to an ophthalmologist. My neighbor tells me this is called chalazion. I would like to know ho to prevent chalazion from getting bigger. Can anyone help me with this? I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance. Bye!

Hi. In any case you should visit an ophthalmologist. I doubt chalazion will go away without any treatment. You must get antibiotic eye drops or ointment. Sometimes, steroid injections are recommended. However, there are several things you can do at home. You can put warm compresses to reduce swelling. You can also light massage it several times a day. Do not pop it. Keep a good hygiene of this area. Everything will be all right.

Hi there,
I think that you neighbor is right. The lump that you have is really called chalazion and it develops in the glands that produce fluid that lubricates the eye. Have you had any eyelid tenderness or have you had any increased tearing? These are usually the main symptoms of chalazion. Also if you have painful swelling on the eyelid or some sensitivity to light you will have to see a doctor in order to treat this issue of yours. The only prevention is that you clean the eyelash area with baby shampoo and this will help reduce clogging of the ducts. I hope that you found this to be helpful in any way.

All the best,
Danella