Has anyone had a chalazion removed? How long did your lid take to return to normal? I had one removed about a month ago- after the swelling went away, it seemed to be healing well (no longer looked like a pea in my lid) ... then about a week ago, the bump seemed to return. It isn't as bad as it was, but it's pretty ugly - harder this time. My doc was very dismissive about it, said it was still inflamed and to keep using heat. However, I am embarrassed by how it looks and afraid it's going to stay like this. Can anyone share their experience? Thanks so much!

I had my chalazion for 3 years...it was always small barely apparent on my eyelid, until recently it got bigger and harder. At times when i took a hot shower, the pus would come out from the heat. My chalazion got smaller and bigger back, it changed sizes. I used warm compress, antibiotic cream...everything you name it. Just yesterday i had i t surgically removed...it did not hurt at all and it took less than 10 minutes. Although my eyelid is swollen now shut, doctor said it will heal full and return back to normal. My doc scooped all the pus out, and although my eyelid is swollen, i know that my chalazion is completely gone. So, i am very happy with my surgery and wished i had just done it earlier! Good luck!

I am thinking of having my chalazion removed tomorrow, how long does it take to heal. My area of work involves meeting lots of people, so am very concerned how long will the swelling take before I can face people. Did the wound develop a scab after surgery, and is the pain of needle injection on the eyelid bearable? How painful was it? Thanks so much for advising. Yi Yong

I had a chalazion removed yesterday. So far the swelling went down a little bit. I'm still waiting for the swelling to go down completely. It might take a week to heal maybe sooner. The needle injection is always painful but the sting is a few seconds then the surgery becomes painless once the anesthetic kicks in. There will be a lot of light sensitivity for a couple of days. My pain lasted about four hours but it could take less. Very rarely would a scab form unless the doctor does it wrong. Once I had one removed many years and the doctor poked a hole through the lid. Only a tiny holey scab came out of that and now it's barely noticeable. That doctor was incompetent.

I had one a few years ago that went away on its own. There appears to be a scar along the lash line exactly where the stye was and my eyelashes lay kinda funky. It makes me nuts.

I had a stye but it went away on its own. There appears to be a scar right where the stye was and my lashes lay all funky. It drives me nuts.