Hello, good people. I have just returned from an ophthalmologist where I’ve been told that I have chalazion. My doctor recommends a surgical procedure, but I would really like to know if this can go away without surgery. I would appreciate all your replies considering this topic. Thank you in advance, guys.

Hi, there. Chalazion is a lump located in an eyelid. It is caused by an inflammation of a gland that is located in a skin. Surgical removal is usually recommended if it lasts for weeks and does not intend to decrease. If this isn’t the case, then you can put warm compresses to reduce the swelling. Antibiotic eye drops or ointment is a must to treat the bacterial infection of a gland. Steroid injection is also helpful in reducing the inflammation. You should discuss all this with your ophthalmologist. Perhaps, he has his reasons why he has recommended you surgery. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!