I have been experiencing bruising on my legs that i can not explain. I was concerned about myself because my uncle died of Leukemia when he was young (like myself), and one of his symptoms was inexplainable bruising. I went to see a pysician to get blood work done, and they told me that they didnt find enough of anything to cause a concern. Although, they did not offer to run other tests to explore the situation, and the bruises have continued. I have also experienced a lot of weight loss. I did encounter a lot of anxiety and poor eating habbits for a few days, but the amount of weight i lost seems to be unjustifiable by those things alone. I did some research and found that many times doctors misdiagnose Leukemia, so i am afraid that i am at a large risk. When my uncle was diagnosed, it wasnt long before he passed, so i wanted to know if i should be particularly worried. Are there other symptoms that are really common that i should be looking out for? Any information would be helpful...

hi, ultimately whatever reply you receive from anyone you speak to, you will still fret about the possibility of a sinister cause. For this reason i suggest you head back to your doctor, repeat again just how concerned you are, and that for your peace of mind you feel a blood test should be performed. No doctor who is as concerned for your mental wellbeing as well as your physical should refuse this as you have a genuine concern that is affecting your health. Hope this helps

I am a leukemia survivor(ALL).Do you know what type of leukemia your Uncle had?Since he was young it was more likely he had an acute leukemia not a chronic type.Which type of white blood cell is harder for me to guess since you did not say his age.My Father passed away from leukemia at age 62 six years ago.His leukemia (CML)was not related to mine at all.He died waiting for a bone-marrow transplant.Easy bruising is a symptom of leukemia but it can be from just what is normal for your family.If this was the case you would not be concerned.Poor nutrition can also increase bruising.A basic blood count will tell your doctor how you are right now but not if you have risks in the future.Are you prone to infections, due they keep coming back?Are you pale, tired(weak exhasted like recovering from the flu) and short of breath? Do have nosebleeds, bleeding gums or a rash of pin-point size bruises?Do you have a fever or bone pain? Weight loss you mentioned you have but how is your appetite?Any lumps under your skin in your neck, armpits or groin?Do see your doctor again and explain your concerns and ask for you blood counts.If your doctor fails to answer your questions find another doctor as your doctor is your partner in keeping you healthy.

hi my name is heather i am a 23 year old female i've been having alot of brusing on my legs and bad weight loss the brusing sometimes is big purple bruises or dark red lil brusise most of the time scattered next to each other sometimes not so many ......can anyone tell me what i might be going through i have pain in my joints to the brusing is just on my legs

This is to Heather

Heather, it sounds like you have leukemia. My name is Emily and my sister had childhood leukemia when she was 13. It started with bruising, unexplainable weight loss, unexplaiable dark bruises,  and sore joints. But are there alot of bruises? That would be the biggest sign. I would immediately go see a doctor

Quote:

This is to Heather

Heather, it sounds like you have leukemia. My name is Emily and my sister had leukemia when she was 13. It started with bruising, unexplainable weight loss, unexplaiable dark bruises,  and sore joints. But are there alot of bruises? That would be the biggest sign. I would immediately go see a doctor

I have lots of brusies on my arm and on my back and upper torso, i am feeling very tired and also big clumps of my hair is falling out im not sure what is going on with me. Can anyone help please

Hi you seem like you know alot.. I have green bruises ALL over my legs. I noticed tem in June and they don't go away or change in color I just keep waking up finding more. I have a lot of joint pain and my back always aches. I have a constant headache and am always really tired. I'm 17 so I don't know if this is normal? I've seen three drs they all say the blood is normal and have no explanation for the bruising fatigue and pain. The last dr I saw today is referring me to a blood specialist. I can't help but be a little scared. Am I over thinking it? Or do I have a reason to be worried?

I also have bruises and I did loose weights few year back. But, what could be culprits of those causes? Underlying etiology--does any one want to shine light on it? Thanks.

my name is Amber i had a bruise show up but not accide or bump of any kind. this bruise will not going away. im 200 pounds but im lossing weight fast right now the er doctor didnt say much only that it will got away and looks like an 8 day old burise but the bruise appeared that same day. Can anyone give me any thing on this? Please someone i have two kids and im scared.

My name is Cody I just turn 16 but I been having random bruises all over my legs and lost lots of weigh in a small amount of time and still losing weight and I have a lump on my head it's been there for a week and I'm always tired and my appattiate isn't good

Hello everyone!

The very first thing I would recomend is to stop worrying, relax and check with your doctor. It happened to me too, I had big bruises all over my legs and got worried. I wen to the doctor and he wanted to see my blood work. He explained that I had a vitamin defficiency and all I had to do is take vitamin C!! NOT cancer! just vitamin C! 

Now I´m not saying this is your case, but don´t panic.  Please got to the doctor so he can explain, brusing is not something you can play around with. 

I have unexplained brusing on my nose. They are clusters of tiny needle point purple dots, my lymph nodes are swollen, and my bones ache. I'm 16. Anyone have any idea what this might be?

Hi im kloe i got an accident 4 mos ago and i get bruises on my face and im wondering whyit takes so long to get healed and now my face becomes puffy again and swollen..????

you are not a doctor do not tell that child they have cancer!!!

Girls...just go to the doctor! You won't find the answer to your problems by telling random people over the internet. Most likely you need to eat more red meat, drink more water (& also milk!), and go to a doctor! Maybe go to 2 doctors if you want a second opinion...very simple.