I have been using Carispoprodol for almost three months and it really helps with my back injury. I have been playing football with my friends and while I thought that nothing bed happened, next day I felt sever pain in the lower back and after the examination has been prescribed with soma (Carisoprodol). Can you fail a drug test because of this drug?

Well, I guess I do have to tell you that you should be careful when it comes to using this drug. Especially when we know it can cause a serious addiction, so some might see it as a narcotic. So, if I mention that standard withdrawal symptoms occur when the soma therapy is suddenly stopped, then you might imagine why this drug is considered dangerous.

Can I fail drug screen for soma if it only test for opaties, cocain, and THC?

Hi. Kinda similar question. I took 2 soma today (early this morning) for my muscle spasms and completely forgot that I have a drug screening tomorrow morning. I’m afraid that this will show up on my results. How long does soma stay in our system and is it going to show up on my test result? Thanks.

does not even show on standard ua

I've heard that Carisoprodol binds to the benzo receptors in your brain...

however that would be neuro chemistry....and they simply test for what the drug metabolizes in to. I am fairly certain that Carisoprodol doesn't metabolize into anything.

I would ask a pharmacist if it can be detected on a UA. **edited by moderator**

so does it show up on test for soma or not?

Drug tests come in different varieties. Some drug tests won't even test positive for hydro- or oxycodone simply because of the way those types of drugs are metabolizes. Basically it all depends on which type of drug test your "tester" is using and wether you have prescriptions for any of them. If you have prescriptions for the drugs then no worries. In my opinion somas will only be tested for in the most sensitive drug tests. For example if you are applying for the Secret Service, then most like soma will show positive on a drug test. On the other hand a simple drug test for work soma probably will not show up. Keep in mind I'm no medical professional, and everything I say may or may not be true. Look it up.

Oh, one more thing, any drug test you are taking for any company, sports, or legal issues, take the time to find out what kind of test it is, whether it's sent to a lab or not, and whether its 5-7-9 panel test. All tests are made differently, and if you know which one you are taking could mean the difference between passing and failing.

Good Luck!

wont sho up in UA!

All I know is I took some soma last year, then had a urine test for work either the next day or the day after that, and it tested positive for benzodiazepines. I know it's not a benzo, but as someone previously stated, I have heard things about it breaking down into something not unlike benzos in your body. People have claimed that Soma can cause false negatives for benzodiazepines, probably because of the above reason. Dont ask me about the science behind it, I have no clue. Honestly, the only reason I took them was because I, like most others, believed it wouldnt show up. Of course it wouldnt, I thought....It's not a benzo! Well, for whatever reason I was wrong. I had not taken ANY benzos for atleast six to twelve months before the test. Maybe I got unlucky, who knows. I am sorry I cannot back up my experience with any more science, I know very little about Soma. I just hope that maybe this info will help someone, as to avoid the same experience I went through. Take care, good luck!

Soma aka carisoprodol is not in any way related to benzodiazepines. However soma does metabolise into meprobamate a controled substance. The half life of meprobamate is aprox. 8 hrs give or take. Allow at least 48 hours for this medication to be eliminated from the body. Increast fluid intake and have good regulat bowel movements. Have a good script filled and on file at your pharmacy just in case.

Good Luck

This drug needs taken off the market, I cant count how many people have died from overdose of this drug, its highly addictive and more deadly than any drug i've seen on the market legal or not.

i took two somas today and i have to take a drug test tomorrow will they show up.

i toke a muscle relaxier yesterday I DNT KNOW WHAT KIND but i got to take a UA in next wendesday or wednesday after next will it show up on a UA im afraid