Hi there. I want to know what noise induced hearing loss is. Every day, we experience loud sounds in our environment but what are the symptoms of noise induced hearing loss. I believe it is caused by noise but I want you to explain me if you can. Thank you.

Sounds are very important for people. Some of them we hear every day such as the sounds from television and radio, household appliances, and traffic. Normally, we hear these sounds at safe levels that do not affect our hearing. But when we are exposed to too loud or loud sounds that last a long time sensitive structures in our inner ear can be damaged, causing noise-induced hearing loss. The first symptom of noise-induced hearing loss is usually difficulty hearing a conversation against a noisy background. Once damaged, our hair cells cannot grow back.