Hello! My neighbor has a four years old daughter. Since she used to play with my kids she spent much time in our garden and I noticed there are many things she can’t do. There are many words she doesn’t recognize or speak and which are normal for the age of four years. It seems like she is at the level of two years old child. When I talked to my neighbor he told me that her doctor suspected Heller’s syndrome. How is Heller's syndrome diagnosed?

Hello! A child’s doctor usually perform developmental screenings at well-child visits and if the child has the signs or symptoms of a developmental delay it will be referred to a team of specialists for evaluation and diagnosis. Team of specialists usually consists of child psychologist, neurologist, psychiatrist, audiologist, a speech therapist and a physical therapist. Some of the following tests will be performed: neurological examination, genetic tests, language and communication tests, lead screening, hearing and vision test. This will help them to make an accurate diagnosis and develop the best treatment plan.