Hello there. I have one dilemma: is tinitus the same thing as hearing loss? I know that hearing loss and tinnitus are health problems but as far as I know they are caused by the same things, so I’m little confused.I hope you will make this clear to me.

The answer on this question is difficult. Tinnitus is in one way hearing loss but only for short period. Tinnitus can have many different causes, but most common is the same one that causes hearing loss. The most common cause is noise-induced hearing loss, resulting from exposure to excessive or loud noises. Tinnitus is a ringing, swishing, or other type of noise in the ear. In many cases it is not a serious problem, but rather a nuisance that eventually resolves. On the other hand, hearing loss can be very serious and in some cases permanent.