I’ve been using this pain killer hydrocodine for couple of weeks now and it’s about time for me to stop using it, but I am afraid that I got addicted to it. The feeling is great, the pain is gone, but I am afraid that it will come back once I stop using it. How long last withdrawal symptoms of hydrocodine?

You will experience hydrocodone withdrawal symptoms within six to twelve hours but, the withdrawal symptoms are usually not life-threatening. Hydrocodone withdrawal symptoms may grow stronger for twenty-four to seventy-two hours and then gradually decline over a period of seven to fourteen days. The duration of hydrocodone withdrawal symptoms varies greatly from person to person. Best of luck!

Hello there,

Well situation with almost all painkillers is the same. Hydrocodone withdrawal symptoms can last few hours but they can also last up to three days. I am aware of the fact that you are afraid of the pain, and it is most likely that you will experience it again. But you must hold on just few days. After few days you will be good as new and you will notice that the pain is no longer there.

Usually painkillers help but also we get easily addicted to them. After my accident I was in the similar situation as you are, so I know that you need to deal with big amount of pain but only for few days.