Hello, all.

I want to share my story with you and ask you a couple of questions about kratom withdrawal.

I took Kratom leaf twice a day, for almost every day for over a year.  Then, one day, I was resolute to quit cold turkey; I used all my supply, held my breath and emptied my mind. I thought that I was ready for what followed.

Within 10 hours or less of my last dose of Kratom, I began to feel anxious and depressed. Also, I felt loneliness?! Like, I'm all alone on the world, only me and no one else. There is 15 days since the beginning of withdrawal and I still experience these feelings. It's most difficult to cope with and it still continuing.

The other symptoms I experienced during withdrawal were all physical and lasted for week or so : insomnia, excessive sweating, restless leg syndrome, weakness, shortness of breath,...

When will other withdrawal symptoms stop? How much longer must I suffer? Please, respond.

Health Advisor

Hi, Julius.

I will not say anything new when I told you that every person reacts differently. There are numerous cases where people had zero withdrawal effects. But you have some nasty case there. You must be patient and clean for at least a month before these effects come at ease. Also, keep in mind that sleep problems can continue, but you can manage them easily with meds. Of course, you need to visit your doctor first.

But whatever you do, please do not try to get back on Kratom. Just be persistent and you will succeed in going clean.  

Good luck.