I have felt/experienced almost every symptom of marijuana withdrawals that I have seen listed. Some history of my marijuana usage: I smoked for almost exactly 1 year straight, the rate (amount of pot consumption) increased week after week almost in relation to my tolerance level of the pot(which I was able to tell by how long I was high for). I ended up smoking 1-2grams a day, which is about 1 1/2 joints and a few bowls. Now for my quitting experience, which I am still sadly under going. I quit smoking on 05-26-10, cold turkey. I gave all of my pipes and pieces away. Just before I quit I started having terrible chest pains, anxiety I believe. I didn't start having stomach pains right away but I did notice the lack of appetite. I believe this was caused by my body not normally needing to have its own cravings because I almost always was high and the pot took over the eating for my body. I have been having random weird dreams lately almost like nightmares but not really scary. I also started experiencing the feeling of paranoia, let me enlighten that word. What I mean is I would freak out, I would feel like I ate too much and my stomach was going to explode, I also thought sometimes I had something seriously wrong with my heart because I would think the rythm was off and it was beating too hard for what I was doing. It's now 6-12-10 and The last 2 weeks and a half have been very hard on me. Lost of appetite is terrible, I feel very sick after eating just a little bit of food. And mind you this. I never had a paranoia about the pot causing an issue. In fact I thought it was an acid indigestion issue which I have found through several experiences (reading through post) that it's a common misunderstanding seeing as the stomach pain feels the same. I feel almost like I am bloated or like I have ate to much and sometimes its mixed between feeling full and hungry at the same time. It's been really hard on me and I fear the worst has yet to come but I know I wanna quit and I still have not touched or even looked at pot. It's been 17 days, I was afraid I had become dependent on it. I read somewhere that if you inhale inproperly and absorb smoke into your stomach it can cause these ulcers which act up whenever they don't have the THC constantly absorbing into them. It all makes a lot of sense that all these symptoms that everyone else has I am experiencing them as well. I highly doubt it's a coincidence. I have been really moody lately. I get super pissed at ridiculous things, for example; i hit my head on my cars hatch and I immediately went ballistic, punching things. I feel a lot better knowing that marijuana is an addiction and that your body becomes dependent on the thc. 6-12-10: I tested positive for THC after 17 days(roughly) I was a heavy smoker, all day long every couple hours I had a good 2 bowls worth of pot(pretty high grade pot as well). I just wanna encourage all of you that quitting does not have to be so hard, by remembering you are not alone. Lots of people quit all the time and feel all the same symptoms you are feeling. Just hang in there. It will pass. As for me, my stomach is in a lot of pain right now. Sad But just keep your mind off of it and what ever you do, don't go back to pot thinking it will help you. It will make it harder in the long run. Do yourself the favor now! You have the power! It's now 3 1/2 weeks into being marijuana free, my stomach has gotten better but is still in pain, how much longer can I expect for this to last? the pain is like being full/hungry at the same time, in my upper stomach area (below the ribs though). it's like indigestion.

I smoked about an eigth a day and am day 4 of quitting. I have had to quit before for pregancy, but it is much harder to say bye forever than bye for now. I too expiernced a lot of stomach issues and that was the main reason I retuned to smoking. I found out I had a lot of allergy and other digestive issues I had been using pot to mask for years. You may want to get that checked out. I strongly urge you to do so.

lazyoreos wrote:

I have felt/experienced almost every symptom of marijuana withdrawals that I have seen listed.
Some history of my marijuana usage:
I smoked for almost exactly 1 year straight, the rate (amount of pot consumption) increased week after week almost in relation to my tolerance level of the pot(which I was able to tell by how long I was high for).
I ended up smoking 1-2grams a day, which is about 1 1/2 joints and a few bowls.
Now for my quitting experience, which I am still sadly under going.
I quit smoking on 05-26-10, cold turkey. I gave all of my pipes and pieces away. Just before I quit I started having terrible chest pains, anxiety I believe. I didn't start having stomach pains right away but I did notice the lack of appetite. I believe this was caused by my body not normally needing to have its own cravings because I almost always was high and the pot took over the eating for my body. I have been having random weird dreams lately almost like nightmares but not really scary. I also started experiencing the feeling of paranoia, let me enlighten that word. What I mean is I would freak out, I would feel like I ate too much and my stomach was going to explode, I also thought sometimes I had something seriously wrong with my heart because I would think the rythm was off and it was beating too hard for what I was doing.
It's now 6-12-10 and The last 2 weeks and a half have been very hard on me. Lost of appetite is terrible, I feel very sick after eating just a little bit of food. And mind you this. I never had a paranoia about the pot causing an issue. In fact I thought it was an acid indigestion issue which I have found through several experiences (reading through post) that it's a common misunderstanding seeing as the stomach pain feels the same. I feel almost like I am bloated or like I have ate to much and sometimes its mixed between feeling full and hungry at the same time. It's been really hard on me and I fear the worst has yet to come but I know I wanna quit and I still have not touched or even looked at pot. It's been 17 days, I was afraid I had become dependent on it. I read somewhere that if you inhale inproperly and absorb smoke into your stomach it can cause these ulcers which act up whenever they don't have the THC constantly absorbing into them. It all makes a lot of sense that all these symptoms that everyone else has I am experiencing them as well. I highly doubt it's a coincidence. I have been really moody lately. I get super pissed at ridiculous things, for example; i hit my head on my cars hatch and I immediately went ballistic, punching things. I feel a lot better knowing that marijuana is an addiction and that your body becomes dependent on the thc.
6-12-10: I tested positive for THC after 17 days(roughly) I was a heavy smoker, all day long every couple hours I had a good 2 bowls worth of pot(pretty high grade pot as well). I just wanna encourage all of you that quitting does not have to be so hard, by remembering you are not alone. Lots of people quit all the time and feel all the same symptoms you are feeling. Just hang in there. It will pass. As for me, my stomach is in a lot of pain right now. Sad But just keep your mind off of it and what ever you do, don't go back to pot thinking it will help you. It will make it harder in the long run. Do yourself the favor now! You have the power!
It's now 3 1/2 weeks into being marijuana free, my stomach has gotten better but is still in pain, how much longer can I expect for this to last? the pain is like being full/hungry at the same time, in my upper stomach area (below the ribs though). it's like indigestion.

thanks for the post, actually its been about 9 months so i can tell you what happened. i actually had a bacterial infection in my stomach called H. Pylori (abbreviated) and I got on anti biotics over 1,000mg a day of 2 very strong anti biotics. which screwed up my digestive system since it not only killed what was in my stomach but what was in my intestines(bacteria is in there to break down food) so I pretty much had a hard time taking anything out of food. i got on citalopram which is an anti depressent to help with the anxiety which was real. the biggest and hardest obstacle i found to overcome was being able to eat normal again. its now 9 months later and to be honest i still can't eat the way i used to. i mean now i can have soda, enjoy pizza and other greasy foods but i lost over 20lbs throughout this episode and i have only gained back 9 lbs. i weight roughly 144 or so, which is my new all time high. but its scary that i weighed as low as 130lbs at 6'2" . I originally weighed 155lbs. A lot of it was muscle because at the same time I quit my full time labor job which I was spending 40-48hrs a week unloading freight off of semi trailers. but I still lack the energy. and i will be honest. i am smoking pot again, i just can't resist. I can't drink, but I still wanna have something to while socializing.

Thanks for the info. I would have probably freaked out when my stomach started hurting had you not filled me in. I have smoked on and off since I was 14, now I am 46. Sometimes up to 6 years taking off. I only smoked a couple one hits at night to help me relax and fall asleep. Very few blunts, hardly ever a bowl. I have experienced loss of appetite, and weird dreams. But so far my stomach doesn't hurt until it tells me to eat, then I do and the pains go away. 

I didn't know the stomach gets THC as well thus causing indigestion like pains! I've been taking Gas X and other remedies every day. The nausea and dizziness was due to dehydration. Which i could not keep myself hydrated enough for the amount of pot i was smoking. Thus i also developed skin problems. Headaches are accompanied with anxiety and insomnia. I smoke approx. 2 grams a day everyday for the past 3 years steady. Then prior to that i smoked an ounce a week with small one day breaks at least once every three months. I went to the hospital for day surgery and the doctor was scared to administer the required amount of morphine required for the surgery as it would appear to be a controlled over dose! This had me concerned...how much THC do i have in my body!? And i need it out...Detox! Thus my hard road to recovery will be this weekend. When i don't smoke in a few hours i get dizzy and nauseated accompanied with cold sweat in 30 degree weather!. So, this will be interesting....i have the summer off and realize for my livelihood and employment i need to quit an this is the time to do it! I would find it harder to work and quit weed as the anxiety and frustration will be greater. I can risk insomnia buts now without the impact on my work thus, i can catch sleep anytime. Well her it goes!

Perhaps your doctor will prescribe you Marinol (dronabinol) to help wean you off. Of course, it is a Schedule III Controlled Substance but it is not as addictive as most other drugs.  Indeed there is a recognized syndrome known as "Marijuana Morning Sickness" which is essentially nausea caused by withdrawal.  THC and other cannabinoids have powerful appetite stimulating effects and there are cannabinoid receptors on the colon too.  Luckily the half-life is very long so withdrawal isn't as bad as other substances.

Smoking marijuana in moderation isn't much of a problem.  It can increase the risk of stroke (Google it) but that's rare and is likely due to the chemicals produced during combustion.  Just be sure to attach cigarette filters, preferably charcoal cigarette filters, to the joints or use vaporization as an alternative.

Harvard researchers also proved that holding the smoke in your lungs does not produce a more rapid or stronger effect.  It is a myth.  It is much safer to smoke it as you would a tobacco cigarette.

Gradually switching over to cannabis higher in CBD can help to wean you off.

Good luck.

Regards,Rick

Hay. I'm 34 and i give up for a couple of months each year. I find that when giving up, the first 4 days are the worst. Insomnia, stomach pain, mood swings, serious loss of appetite (force yourself to eat something, it helps). After that first 4 days, I find it easier. Then my next target would be a week, then 2 weeks and so on... 7 months is the longest that i have given up for in 15 years... I will give up.... I think it's time to move on with my life.

I'm 35 been smokin 8 yrs, every since I started med school , about to go into residency and I seriously need to stop one cause I get tested in less than a month and I'm sick of the addiction and the havoc the drug creates on my GI system. I don't feel mentally addicted to it but my body does feel addicted ... Strongly , f**k here goes I'm starting this sh*t now , I've quit before for a few months but this time it's gotta be for real , also quitting cigs at the same time , this is gonna blow donkey penises

your not alone.  I quit pot on the same day as you.  Pray for a better you keep your faith.

Suffer thru it my friend , I know it's tough but it's time to be truly honest with ourselves , we know wtf this drug does to us. I just started having the crazy vivid dreams its like day 5-6 right now. I'm working out as much as possible. Keep the faith and kick this shir outta your life, I do not want to go back , I'm sick of rationalizing my addiction , it doesn't positively effect my life , it just keeps me high , numb and dumb as sh*t, take care and you are not alone

i thank you too,am on my 16th marijuana free day.reading this and other similar posts helped me a lot.i also encourage everyone to hang in there and indulge oneself in distracting activities like swimming,playing ball etc and of course drinking lots of water.am filling much better and happier although not all the symptoms have cleared.

m happy to see there are others who wana quit this sh*t.. m a chartered accountancy student, there z so lot to study it. this sh*t f**ks up the memory... i av examz after a week and i quit it since 4 days... buh i think i wont b able to quit it forever unless i move to some arab clean country.. m in pakistan and here u can find a gud quality of stuff easily... quiting z chalenging but quiting forever z crazy.... a month ago i tried quiting weed and cigarates togather but it lasted for 15 days only.. presently i dont feel lack of appetite but gases in my stomach and uneasyness in digestive system...

i hope all my friendz quit this stuff coz it stops the life, it keeps u in an artificial world where u r a king,,, nd in real world u r nothing,, dats the reason ppl cant quit it easily i think...

my best regards to all ov yu..

CAF.Bilal

Bro i just quit weed and cigarettes a swell im also from pak and here you can get charas(hash) very easily its been almost 4 days i think and im having a very hard time dealing with it. Anxiety as well as depression have takeover, however i think with time all is going to be fine for us just keep trying! Cheers

Hey Bros day 15 quitting cold turkey, after like 10 months of really heavy smoking. Cannabis withdrwal is very real. 

The symptomps I have noticed the first days I was unable to sleep it just was imposible then I oversleept for like 2 days.

After that I developed extreme anxiety. I noticed a small white dot in my gums and inmediatly tought It must be mouth cancer. I spend the next 3 days searching for symptomps on the web. Finally went to dentist and it was just a wisdom tooth. I was extremelly anxious I really tought I was dying. 

Next days I began to feel a sore in the back of my tongue. Again terrible anxiety tought I was dying AGAIN! Went to ENT just a bad canker sore in the back of the tongue proabably caused because of anxiety. Itdisappeared in about a week and a half. 

Dreams have been very vivid some very pleasant some real nightmares that wake me up wishing its just a dream. Sometimes it takes me sometime to accept it was just a dream.

Anxiety increases and decreases, some days its better sometimes worse. I just want this to pass. Cannabis relaxed me so much all those months of use. I NEVER worried about anything now Im paying. 

I have suffered from health anxiety since I quit. It is improving now, every day I feel a bit better. 

I just cant wait for the day all symptops and anxiety are gone. So i can keep with my normal life again. 

*Appetite back to normal so far I regain a pound. 

*Anxiety has decreased but not dissapeared

*Dreams started to tapper off, now they are not that hardcore.

Keep strong don't relapse. It will start to pass believe me. 

I wanted to know how long withdrawl symptoms will last. I also get nausea and stomach pains. The insomnia has got to be the worst. I was prescribed Ambien and Ativan with really helped me out but the docs only gave me a limited quanity and now I have nothing. Meaning now I have to ride it out. I wanna thank everyone for the helpful posts, feels good that I'm not alone and I wasn't just imagining this in my head. Friends who are regular pot smokers didn't believe I was going through this because of Cannabis.