A little while ago, my doctor suggested that I might benefit from therapeutic horseback riding, which he says has been proven to lessen Multiple Sclerosis symtoms in most MS patients. I think I will give it a try at least, but does anyone know more about how this works? How does it help with MS problems?

Other than the fact that riding a horse feels great and magical to many people, and the personal interaction with the horse is something therapeutic in itself, hippotherapy has also been proven to improve the MS patient's balance and muscle function. While this is still a new treatment, hippotherapy has already helped many MS patients.

I seriously dunno about that one, I have RA and the first and only time I got on a horse not only WASN'T it magical but I ended up with worse back problems. My horse decided to gallop so yea not cool and NOT fun. Seriously think about ways best for you, maybe petting a cat will do the same or having a lap dog when your feeling weakened. I wouldn't do the horse thing, personally I would have said "Are you crazy Doc? Or just trying to off me sooner??"

Take care, I hope you find something safer,

Becca