Hello, folks. My mother has just returned from the hospital. She is diagnosed with secondary-progressive MS. I know that this is a form of multiple sclerosis. I would like to know when I can expect to get it. Will someone tell me this? I will appreciate all your replies considering this. Thanks you in advance.

Hi, there. This is just one of four forms of diseases. It is characterized with relapses and remissions. It has a steady progress of the symptoms. I don’t know why you think that you will have to get this disease. MS is not being inherited directly. You can inherit the predisposition. I hope I’ve helped you a little. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hi, people. I would agree with the previous post. MS is not a type of disease that it can be inherited directly. There can be a predisposition running in the family. It doesn’t have to mean that you will get it. You should consult a specialist about the risk factors. Maybe he can tell you which one to avoid. I hope you will manage. Good luck! Bye!

Hello, everyone. I agree with all that is said here. There is a hereditary factor. Children of the parents with MS have more tendencies to develop it than others. However, this is not enough. In order to develop a disease, you must have some environmental risk factors. Some people say that Epstein-Barr virus is one of the risk factors. It causes infectious mononucleosis. I hope I’ve helped a little.