I am told that most people with Multiple Sclerosis get nystagmus at some point, and I was reading all about the symptoms of this condition. Dealing with involuntary eye movement must be a real pain. So would you mind sharing how nystagmus in MS is treated, and whether the treatment is any good?

Unfortunately nystagmus is a very common symptom in Multiple Sclerosis and the majority of MS patients gets nystagmus at some point. It is generally treated with steroids (a variety of possibilities) but the treatment is not considered to be very effective, as it does not cure the problem but simply manages it.

Hello there curtice966,

I really do hope that you don’t have MS or someone in your family. This is really very unpleasant and serious condition which is fatal in most of the cases. My cousin has been diagnosed with MS few years back and as time passes she is getting worse. She has developed nystagmus last year and as far as her sister is telling us this is really painful and sometimes even very nasty symptom of MS.

She is taking all her medications but there is no improvement when it comes to the nystagmus. This is something that we just need to deal with and accept it. Anyhow, I hope that you were just curious regard MS and nystagmus.