Hi there,

My friend's son is suffering from multiple sclerosis. It was always hard for me to see him deal with his son because he literally has to do everything for him and I simply cannot even imagine how hard his life now must be. I've always wanted to find a way to somehow help him and I've recently heard that medical marijuana could help treat multiple sclerosis. Is that true, does anyone know? If it is, I will tell him what I found out and hopefully he will let his son use it. So how effective is medical marijuana in multiple sclerosis treatment?

Hey Jamie,

Your friend might not want to give his son medical marijuana anyway, there are a lot of people who are still against it even if it is legalized in their country.

Medical marijuana can really help people who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, however, it cannot completely treat it, it can only treat the symptoms, but that is still a big progress since these symptoms can sometimes be really bad and could make it hard for the person to lead a quality life. You can tell this to your friend and you can tell me then what did he decide to do.

It is very good for easing the symptoms of multiple sclerosis, I can tell you that. I saw some videos on the internet which showed that medical marijuana is probably the best way to treat multiple sclerosis, when nothing can help you, marijuana is there to fix things, apparently, it is the best treatment for multiple sclerosis out there. I also heard that marijuana oil is extremely good for this matter but I think that it is way too expensive, at least way too expensive for my life standard and I don't really know how to use it, you might want to check that out.

A lot. It definitely can be an option to treat MS according to a numerous researches. My dad is suffering from MS and I remember that they did almost impossible to find medical marijuana for him. It is very expensive, but it is worth of this. When you look at bigger picture, you will see that it has a big roll in treating multiple sclerosis patients. It is going to help them with the pain, the pain will be lighter than it is and patients will feel much better about this. They bought marijuana oil as well and they were giving him one spoon every day. The progress was incredible.

People who never considered taking medical marijuana for anything, did that at the end. At least, a lot of people that I do know. It helped them a lot, but somehow I think that this is not the only solution. Sure, when you look at all those benefits you won't ask yourself a question and you will start to use it, but better consult someone before you do this.

I understand that people are in the pain and the pain is one of the most common and debilitating symptoms of this disease. Well, cannabis has proven ability to manage pain associated with MS but still you should talk to your doctor before you start taking it. 

To be honest, I don't have a huge will to smoke pot. We all do know that multiple sclerosis is a very progressive illness and I don't believe that medical marijuana can treat it. I remember when my good friend, who was recently diagnosed with MS tried marijuana for the first time. One friend brought it and told him - you have nothing to lose. OK, maybe he can't lose anything, but still I believe that this can't treat you. Sure, it can help you in some aspects, it can relieve your pain, it can chase away your sleeping problems, it can prevent your abdominal pains. But it is not the treatment. I believe that the effects are only temporary.

My husband is 64 years old. I found out that he is dealing with multiple sclerosis for a very long time. When he was younger, he was pretty much OK. But as his years were passing by, his condition was a lot worse. I remember that one of my good friends told me that medical pot can treat it. I was skeptical about this because I am an elderly lady and I have never heard that marijuana can help someone. But I know that this friend of mine loves me and my husband so I listened to him. I can't tell you right now is my husband better, or what is his condition. But I can tell that there is no more pain as it used to be.