Hello. I would like to know one thing. Can lupus be confused with MS? My friend had some symptoms and she thinks that her doctor made a mistake. I would like to hear if this can easily happen. I will really appreciate all your replies. Thanks in advance for replying. Bye!

Hi, there. Well, it isn’t so easy to mix multiple sclerosis with lupus. Perhaps, if a patient has neurolupus, this is possible. Symptoms like fatigue or neuropathy can appear in both diseases. On the other hand, doctors must run some additional tests to be sure which disease it is. He must do antinuclear antibodies for lupus. I also suggest MRI for discovering plaques that are present in MS. It is necessary to make evoked visual/somato-sensory potentials. Liquor is also helpful. If the tests are run properly, doctor mustn’t be confused. I hope I’ve helped you.